How not to spend a day

So I got into work this morning at 6, left at 20 past. Got to the top of the A34 at about 10 to 9 so decided to take 15 in the layby right before the M40 so I could do some drops without needing another break for a while.

Went round the back to check to see if all spring loaded locking bars were still secure and one had popped out of it’s slot and was resting to the side. Closed that door, opened the one closest to the bar and went to follow it round… WHACK! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :exclamation: :question:

Dropped to the ground clutching my head, the 8ft steel locking bar was resting against the door, not the curtain as I thought and it’s come right down on top of my head. Blood all over my hands. Called an ambulance then the office, so another company vehicle was here within 5 minutes as it was just coming the other way, ambulance car arrives gets me sorted out best as possible and wait for an ambulance van for my trip to hospital.

All I can say is… today could have gone a lot better. :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :frowning:

At least you are here to tell the story mate. Hopefully only superficial.

dar1976:
At least you are here to tell the story mate. Hopefully only superficial.

As far as I know, yeah, 3 inch cut right across my head though. From a blunt object like that I’m lucky there was no skull damage. :slight_smile:

Office were alright about it, sent nearest vehicle to me sent up another driver 120 mi to take mine over and then to take me back. Luckily straight home no need to go to office and left there stranded. :slight_smile:

Just won’t be stupid enough to assume it’s leaning against the curtain in future. :slight_smile:

Freak accident…but I bet you get a "should have had a hard hat on " from Hindrance and Suffering !
Glad you survived to tell the tale.

3 wheeler:
Freak accident…but I bet you get a "should have had a hard hat on " from Hindrance and Suffering !
Glad you survived to tell the tale.

Certainly am lucky, as everyone keeps reminding me, people have been killed from less. Seeing as it fell from the top of the lorry and I was standing on the ground it’s a miracle there’s been nothing worse happen. :open_mouth:

hope you had your hi viz on

It is some divine intervention from VOSA, they knew you had put the tacho on break yet were doing other work. I think in the sanctions book it is a £60 FP for a 3’’ gash to the head.

Wheel Nut:
It is some divine intervention from VOSA, they knew you had put the tacho on break yet were doing other work. I think in the sanctions book it is a £60 FP for a 3’’ gash to the head.

Retribution I believe :laughing: