How not to overtake

not sure this has been posted before, jump to 55 seconds.

no Facebook account needed for tnet members that are “offline” :laughing:

facebook.com/video.php?v=88 … =2&theater

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
When I first read this post I thought “Yeah yeah yeah here we go again!”…BUT that was insane. I hope they find that idiot and permanently take his license away!

I’m usually the same, you’ve seen video of crap driving and you’ve seen them all. This however is something i was not expecting at all :open_mouth:

Wasn’t expecting it to be an Iceland truck, Royal Mail maybe (oops)

wow that was close.

A strange one as the dashcam vehicle was keeping a good distance from the vehicle in front to allow for overtakes then the Iceland truck had the manouvre completed but deceided to continue with a secondary overtake, perhaps blinded by the sun or totally stupid, nonetheless this is one of the rare videos that need further action taking against the driver of the overtaking vehicle.

Usually I can say I have done worse but nope not in this case.

Some of the FB comments are a bit OTT though the cars had plenty of verge to aim for… :slight_smile:

We can all make mistakes but that is downright dangerous. Report him to the company. That second overtake was bullying and could have killed others.

I think he planned to pull in behind the 2nd car after he saw the other cars coming, but the 2nd car put the brakes on too

bit like when people brake for others joining from a sliproad and they both end up at crawling pace

I’m extremely concerned with the purple flying saucer. just what is the Government not telling us?

Proof that being a ■■■■■■ no longer disqualifies you from holding a Class 1 licence :unamused:

There could be a perfectly logical explanation.

He might have been tight for hours and didn’t want an unplanned night out. Or he might have seen a snowflake and heard a yellow alert weather warning and panicked. Or he might be in a rush to get back to the yard so he can pull his card then spend 3 hours washing the truck.

We shouldn’t judge until we know the facts. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

robroy:
Proof that being a ■■■■■■ no longer disqualifies you from holding a Class 1 licence :unamused:

Has it ever? :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

He might have been tight for hours and didn’t want an unplanned night out. Or he might have seen a snowflake and heard a yellow alert weather warning and panicked. Or he might be in a rush to get back to the yard so he can pull his card then spend 3 hours washing the truck.

You forgot agency (with a limp)

It’s terrible driving but I bet these kind of incidents happen a lot more than people realise

it’s just with all the dashcams/phones now that more people get to see it

m1cks:

Coffeeholic:

Have we mentioned the Polish yet?

Honked:

m1cks:

Coffeeholic:

Good point he may have also wanted to get back in order to clean his cab interior.

Perhaps a family emergency, moment of madness…but in the end he / she performed a manouvre that at best was quite epic in gaining progress at worst caused someone to post dashcam footage (as if we haven’t enough of these masterbaters)so his punishment should be a good slap round the face with a wet fish (quite cheap at Iceland) and 7 hours dCPC on tacho regs…

Honked:

m1cks:

Coffeeholic:

Don’t forget the children

Please, think of the children!

They are our future truckers.

McPlod:
We can all make mistakes but that is downright dangerous. Report him to the company. That second overtake was bullying and could have killed others.

Never in a million years, even the most average driver can realise that when faced with a truck or a grass verge what the best option is…

Honked:

Funny you should say that. The first thought that came to my mind when watching this, was how similar it looked to some of the driving standards seen on the video diaries of Polish drivers who complain at the terrible recklessness of Lithuanian trucks transiting Poland heading back home. The only exception being the Lithuanian ones generally pull it off better without actually forcing oncoming cars right on to the grass verge!