How NOT To Negotiate Level Crossings

Oops!!

Perhaps he was watching TV :exclamation: :open_mouth: :wink:

Blimey! what was the driver thinking of, if he was thinking at all? :unamused: the warnings would have been operating for about 30 seconds before he arrived for the train to be so close.

What about the poor old train driver, all he can do is sit there, fold his arms watch it happen and wait for the bump :confused:

More level-crossing trucker muppetry here and here

christ tipper drivers are the same world-over then! see that grain go flying :open_mouth:

jj72:
christ tipper drivers are the same world-over then! see that grain go flying :open_mouth:

I like the way he accelerated away afterwards, like he thought he might get away with it.

“No Boss, the trailer didn’t have any wheels when I picked it up” :smiley:

Harry Monk:

jj72:

I like the way he accelerated away afterwards, like he thought he might get away with it.

“No Boss, the trailer didn’t have any wheels when I picked it up” :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jj72:

:unamused:

Harry, haven’t you got anything more pressing than scouring the net for disaster movies ■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

More Oops!

The best laugh I have had for a few weeks was one day last week.
We were waiting at the level crossing (trainee driving) and I was explaining how to negotiate level crossing with a truck etc.
The barriers went up, the traffic started to move over the crossing when along comes Mr Policeman in his shiny car with lights flashing.
We were waiting ast the start of the yellow box as there was no clear room over the other side, so he swung past us and oh dear - nowhere to go as all the traffic had come to a stop due to the immediate right turn directly after the crossing and there was a solid stream the other way and oh yes, the lights start to flash and the barriers start to come down.
Of course if he had had half a brain he would have reversed back onto the other side but he panicked and just blasted the horn till a van managed to squeeze up the kerb and let him in.
Wish I had taken my camera that day - what an example to us all!