how much

worked for various companies told paye structure is a small basic wage plus a perchantage of what the vehicle earns holiday paye is payed at basic rate
how iam i suspossed to know what his rates are ? no bonus for backloads etc etc
also companies that paye a set wage for a days work if its eight or fifteen hours
always seems to be the higher never seems to average out?

well 2 members on here who might help you out one is harry monk i know he is on day rate and the other is lucy who works on price.

i have worked on price on the lorrys with what the lorry earns but was never told how much it had ear’nt just got what we got. i was never very impressed with it plus the job stopped paying when i dropped off the box but then had to trundle back the yard 20mins away on a good drive.

ive got a feeling harry will tell you that he only works about 10/11 hrs a day to make it pay for him.

My usual advice if taking on a job with this sort of pay structure - try not to be tempted to break or bend the rules in favour of the money.
You may need your licence for the next job :wink: :unamused: :slight_smile:

It can get you stressed when a hold-up occurs.

Once you know what the perchantage is all you got to do is ask what the job is worth so you can work out what your take will be.
Thats how it was done when i done recovery work.

If your told your earnings are a % of what the lorry earns you can bet your bottom dollar you’ll be running as funny as Sandy Kydd. ANd if your on a day rate itll prob be max hours and when you divide the day rate by the hours it’ll work out more than likely less than NMW… Not many HGV jobs that seem to be paying the big wages buddy I am afraid.

I was paid on earnings in my last place of work (6 years ago) and the rate was 27 % of the total earned. I was working from quarries so I always asked for a rate sheet and worked my wages out in advance, my gaffer was never far out in his payment. Some employers at that time didn’t pay for Bank Holidays so if you had, say, Easter monday off then you stood no chance of making above your basic wage for the rest of the week as you were trying to do 5 days work in 4! Of course the time that you spent waiting to get loaded at tar plants etc was all done for no pay, but I made a decent wage. It will be a lot different on general haulage etc though as you will probably have no idea what you are getting a percentage of!

Pete.

Used to get a basic wage then 10% of what wagon earned but we got paid the 10% 3wks later give them time to get all the rates in then work it out.If you had a queery into office & shown the rates for the job.SIMPLE