how much????

for a full load from birstall near leeds to brackmills northampton and back empty.

any idea’s

£475 if you want to earn any money at it.
Are you moving, or are you starting a freight forwarders ?

If it’s a forwarders, I reckon they would pay £130 for it !! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

leehellcat:

If it’s a forwarders, I reckon they would pay £130 for it !! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

no no nothing like that i did a night at bedfords at birstal last night at £18.50 ph 10 hrs paid so thats £185.00 for the trip and i was thinking that by the the time they had paid the agency then the agency had paid me plus diesal there wouldn be much left over for profit.

leehellcat:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:
can you give me the number of the firm your working for?

So the agency would have been getting best part of £25 an hour, for ten hours, thats £250, then diesel would be £110, Plus wear and tear and other bits ‘n’ bobs.

I think your right in that they cannot have made anything off that !!

As for who I work for. That is the rate that I would pay as a customer for the same number of miles.
I used to pay £370 from Huntingdon to Truro :open_mouth: Funnily enough that company went bust, so now we use sensible hauliers. We now pay about £700 for the same job !! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

i’d have thought £360 would be nearer the mark, that gives you about £1.40 a mile, a good rate to say your coming back empty, which of coarse you’d hope not to do, get a back load at a reasonable rate and that’s a nice days work i reckon.

there is a company local to me that are loading to 44 tonnes, junction 24 area to london area for an absolutely amazingly low £203.
if you don’t make the delivery on time and have to bring it back because it was their fault they will pay half the rate they paid for you to bring it back up again.
so london and back with 44 tonnes pays £301.50
i used to put trucks into the same place 5 years ago for the same rates, fuel has gone up by at least 30% since then and wages should also have risen so how can they justify such a poor rate?
it’s a transport company too.

i had a few months last year working out of a yard near worksop doing sleepers and railway tackle, they got an order to suply a job in south wales j34 on the m4, twelve artic loads plus three rigid/hiab, i put a price in for the hiab work, they then showed me the quote they’d got for the artic loads- £180 a load :open_mouth: impossible you might think? but turned out the haulage firm who’d quoted had already got a regular run from neath to sheffield and was going to tie the job into that, i can see their thinking, £180 is a nice amount of money oppossed to nothing for going down empty and gauranteed them the work but the crazy thing was they could have quoted £280 per load and still got the job!

dont suppose you ever send anything up our way leehellcat
{if you dont ask you dont get} :blush: :laughing:

Occasionally. It really depends on which of our customers orders. Sometimes they will come and pick the stuff up, other times they ask us to send it as they are too busy to collect.

PM me your details, and I will give you a call if I have anything going your way. :smiley:

Leehellcat, I’m looking for regular work. if you need a dedicated haulier let me know.
I’m only 45 mins from Huntingdon. :wink:

I don’t know that we really have any ‘regular’ work. But if you want to send me your details, I would be happy to give you a call should anything come up.

Fenman:
Leehellcat, I’m looking for regular work. if you need a dedicated haulier let me know.
I’m only 45 mins from Huntingdon. :wink:

Why regular work? If you get a core of well paid ‘irregular work’ you might make enough to afford a bit of time off in quiet times!