How much to calibrate analogue tacho?

I had our local tacho centre in Keighley supply and fit an analogue tacho in to an Isuzu Trooper LWB back in January, 6 months ago. Robbing gits charged me £700 for the privilege.

That Trooper has now died and I’ve bought another one. A mechanic friend took out the tacho from the old one, and is fully capable of fitting it to the new one, but that still leaves the need to get it calibrated. How much would you expect it to cost me?

Going to ring them tomorrow and get a price, and will lay it on about them having had my previous trade, but just wondering if anyone has any experience of costs for this.

Probably £60 ish as a rough guide

I did the same and self-fit and just got calibrated last time. There will probably be a box of electronic gubbins somewhere between the head unit and the gearbox sender, make sure your mate strips that out too.

Quotes on 4x4 tacho installs vary wildly place I use charges about £400 for analogue and will fit in half a day but have had some quotes of £1500 and them needing the vehicle for a couple of days. A lot seem to talk a good game on it but it’s harder tracking down someone that really knows their stuff.

Spot on, £60 + VAT, so got it booked in. Chuffed at that as I was expecting quite a bit more.