How much should I be paid as a class 1 driver?

Hi all,

New to this forum so hope someone can help!

I am a relativley new class 1 driver with about 20 shifts experience for an agency called pure staff in wolverhampton. They are paying me £11 an hour on day shifts and £12 an on night shifts. sometimes im paid a day rate of £120 for N R Evans in walsall.

Hoping to get some advice from more experienced drivers and any advice from guys that work with agency would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys,

Drive safe

Some guys on here would love £11ph on days,personally though I wouldn’t drop to that but I’ve been with my place for 10 years so have accrued pay rises.

The first thing you should do is check the history of pay topics on the forum, they come up every week. The main thing to remember is that you have no way of checking the veracity of anything you are going to read on this subject.
If your happy getting the money you get for the work you do, do you really care what anyone on here says about it?

A big question is that the rate as PAYE, self employed or through an umbrella?

The next thing is as a new driver you are getting paid while you earn good experience. By doing this for a while will enable you too apply and attend for perm jobs and do any drive assessment with ease.

As long as you are happy and can meet the bills it does not really matter, your rate will go up inline with your experience, it’s a shame but getting the class 1 is not an automatic right to earn £15 plus.

I did the same, started with agency then once i was happy with the free experience I moved onto a full time drive.

good luck and enjoy the ride.

cheers
Smudge

your on top money at the moment with 12 quid an hour, you might find a few jobs paying 130 quid a shift as there seems to be a bit of increase in that kind of wage, but you never know just how many hours you will do for that 130 quid, experience shows that its normally always in the company’s favour when they offer out money per shift.

but from what you have posted your earning more than some tanker drivers can earn. sorry if your hoping to find riches being a trucker as your on about as good as it gets

at least the national minimum wage

If you can get anymore than that in Wolverhampton, please let me know, I could do with a new job…

ROG:
at least the national minimum wage

:smiley: now that gave me a good chuckle

listen if you find a job paying more than 12 quid an hour my friend keep it to yourself, DO NOT POST ON HERE ABOUT GOOD PAYING JOBS, other wise you will have them all like vultures running for the jobs so keep quiet about better paying jobs

You earn whatever you’re happy with, whatever anybody on here or elsewhere says is irrelevant.
Agency rates tend to be slightly higher than full-time employee wages, but there’s a reason for that and it’s swings and roundabouts really. If you think the work and money is good then crack on, if you’re not happy with it then see what else is on offer.

Blimey that’s good!

HOW MUCH SHOULD I BE PAID AS A CLASS1 DRIVER,answer,as little as possible if employers had their way

Actually the answer is

Whatever YOU feel the job, and YOUR skills, are worth. End of discussion really. But let’s carry it on for the sake of it.

You are very green, and I suppose you don’t like the idea you are missing out. But judging by previous pay threads you are doing just fine. Obviously it matters what you are being asked to for that £11-12 per hour, if it’s driving an illegal wagon, on illegal hours, delivering nuclear waste, then no, that money is ■■■■…

If you are only getting 1 or 2 hour shifts, then no, that money is ■■■■…

If you are paying £8 per hour to an umbrella company to organise your tax and pay, then no, that money is ■■■■…

If however, you are driving a well maintained wagon, with a legal load in a workable time frame, then that money is just fine.

ckm1981:
Some guys on here would love £11ph on days

That’s me :smiley:

desypete:
listen if you find a job paying more than 12 quid an hour my friend keep it to yourself, DO NOT POST ON HERE ABOUT GOOD PAYING JOBS, other wise you will have them all like vultures running for the jobs so keep quiet about better paying jobs

Anyone looking for rent out a couch for the week in the above mentioned area? :grimacing: