How much, how long?

Hello people, I am “hopefully” jusy about to apply for my Standard national op license and then looking forward to getting on the road. My problem at this moment in time is the amount of money that I need to have in my account prior to my license being granted. For the last three years the amount in this account has been between 3 and 4 K and in the last week I have upped it to 6.5 K , is this sufficient to apply for my license now or do the powers that be want to see my three months of statements that I supply with my application showing the 6.5 rather than the 3 to 4. I am hoping to start out on 01-03-07 hence the impatience, any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Depends on your area, but most will now accept the 6k showing in the opening balance of the account, but will state that they will check after 3 months to ensure the money is/was still there. Just make sure you write a good covering letter explaining things.

no need to show any accounts as a new start just available funds to the minimum required which can be a credit card, overdraft etc, they do say in the blurb they that may wish to see your accounts after x amount of time but in reality once up and running you’ll here very little from them, if at all.

Thanks for that guys, chalks away Ginger!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: