How much do ADR drivers get paid?

Hi guys,
i saw a job vacancy today for a ADR Tanker driver, unfortunately i am unqualified for it and they said the salary was negotiable. Would of been a perfect job for me as it was in my home town but it got me thinking how much do ADR drivers get paid? Ive herd some rumors that its in the region of 35-30k based on a 50houd week and home every night because your not allowed to sleep with the truck. Ive herd others rumors that its the same wage as a normal truckie, around 25k. Is it worth doing?

Wages vary a lot depending on all sorts of things.

There’s no set amount.

Not as much as we should get paid, given the dangers of some of the crap we have to pull.

Go get your ADR, it’s another string in the bow, as they say.

It just helps to get more jobs, 90% of drivers wont spend the £400 to get packages so only 10% of people can apply

adrobbo:
Hi guys,
i saw a job vacancy today for a ADR Tanker driver, unfortunately i am unqualified for it and they said the salary was negotiable. Would of been a perfect job for me as it was in my home town but it got me thinking how much do ADR drivers get paid? Ive herd some rumors that its in the region of 35-30k based on a 50houd week and home every night…

Hi adrobbo,

The figure you’ve quoted is achievable, but not on every company.

This next bit is a little off-beam I’m afraid:

adrobbo:
… because your not allowed to sleep with the truck.

I’ve no idea where you heard this, but whoever told you it hasn’t a clue.

adrobbo:
Ive herd others rumors that its the same wage as a normal truckie, around 25k. Is it worth doing?

Whilst the first part of what you wrote is true, this bit is also true.
There are a number of companies who don’t give you a penny extra for having an ADR licence, but you couldn’t work for them without an ADR licence.

As mentioned above, the rates of pay for ADR work are quite varied.
However, if you do take an ADR course and gain the ADR licence, you could be at an advantage over a driver who doesn’t hold the ADR qualification if both of you are trying to get some work.

Also worthy of some thought… most (but not all) tanker companies usually want a prospective driver to come complete with some tanker experience. On the other hand, there are those who prefer a ‘raw’ recruit so that they can train them in their ways of doing the job.

As already mentioned, it’s all quite various.