How much are you being charged to be paid through an Agency?

Are you working for an agency? and being paid through a payroll company? what company is it and how much are they charging you?

Firstly you need to lose the word “solutions” don’t use the word “recruitment” either as you are unlikely to provide neither.

I pay nothing, I work directly for an agency. I’m in a fortunate position work wise. If the spectre of umbrella companies came up I’d walk.

Most folk don’t like em on here tbh. I’ve never used one.

mick.mh2racing:
I pay nothing, I work directly for an agency. I’m in a fortunate position work wise. If the spectre of umbrella companies came up I’d walk.

Same here.

I was on PAYE through agency, recently went to umbrella to try it out, they said if not happy no probs in swapping back. Tax has gone down a fair whack, and take home extra £100ish a week.

pay a flat rate of £9.50p/w to the umbrella, cant really complain as the amount extra I take home is worth it.

CWCSolutions:
Are you working for an agency? and being paid through a payroll company? what company is it and how much are they charging you?

I have never ever been charged for being paid when working for an agency and I would never ever entertain using an agency where I have to pay.

HMRC need to seriously clamp down on agencies and their use of umbrella companies and leeching intermediates like your company. I would wholeheartedly support any party who put an end to the whole scam.

You prey on people, spread massive amounts of disinformation and charge through the nose for basic accounting which shouldn’t cost more than a few hundred quid a year.

Surprised this thread hasn’t been closed.

Freight Dog:
Surprised this thread hasn’t been closed.

Is it just me, or does this seem like a ‘prospecting’ thread by someone wanting an easy way to compare the prices of their competition??

Nobody should have to pay to have their payroll processed, unless they are a genuine ltd company status, offering driving services to more than one client.

LIBERTY_GUY:
Is it just me, or does this seem like a ‘prospecting’ thread by someone wanting an easy way to compare the prices of their competition??

Nobody should have to pay to have their payroll processed, unless they are a genuine ltd company status, offering driving services to more than one client.

You are correct, this thread as well as the other “Scare mongering” seems to be gentle advertising as well as seeking out information regarding the competition.

I agree nobody should have to pay to process payroll, I pay an accountant a small amount every year to manage me as a LTD company and the tax benefits more than offset the accountant’s modest costs.

I was paying (they was taking) £33.60 per week. They set me up as a ltd company and tell me how much tax I need to put away for the tax man. NEVER AGAIN!
I’m now PAYE full time

m_attt:
I was on PAYE through agency, recently went to umbrella to try it out, they said if not happy no probs in swapping back. Tax has gone down a fair whack, and take home extra £100ish a week.

pay a flat rate of £9.50p/w to the umbrella, cant really complain as the amount extra I take home is worth it.

w

How the hell does that work? If it were true for all joining umbrella, we would all be doing it instead of slagging it off on here.

My experience of it was you get to pay for a tax offset that you can get on PAYE anyways: That is, Mileage and meal expenses. Clothing allowance is automatically put into your taxcode already, so claiming for it twice is going to get you in trouble with HMRC.

I can’t fathom how one can get awarded the £500 worth of tax offsets per week in order to get just that plain one hundred pounds extra takehome pay. Maybe if you were commuting over 50 miles each way, or eat at fast food joints like Desperate Dan?

If I could get £500 of tax offsets so I too, could take home an extra £100 a week for the same hours worked no quibble, - I’d happily pay the umbrella fee - but I’d need to know where the hell my offsets are coming from to convince me that it’s all above board, and I’m not going to get a bill for back taxes from HMRC at a later stage, for claiming stuff I’m not actually entitled to claim for.

The umbrella system as it stands DOES let you takehome extra pay yes - but you might get £10 a day in meal allowance (extra £2 in takehome pay for basic rate taxpayer) and you might get 50 miles each way @ 45p per mile, giving you another £18 net extra takehome pay. Sure, repeat x5 and there’s your £100 - but 50 miles each way a day? - How much is it going to cost ME to get that on top of the umbrella fee? On a good day, I reckon my car can get 100 miles out of £15. I might also spend £7 on a meal to get that £2 extra takehome pay. UP £3 on mileage, down another fiver on meals. Still down £3 per shift overall it seems…

I’ve not been able to make it work for me on sporradic shifts and/or shorter commuting distances yet. Maybe I’m wrong and you’re right - I’m open to tuition here clearly. :frowning:

3% of gross.

Obviously you get a higher rate through umbrella than paye. (More than £1 hour for me) then just fill out the expense form an let the umbrella do it. My tax now is quite a bit less than it was on paye even though the earnings are a lot higher. It roughly equates between 60-100 extra a week in my pocket than i was getting on paye.