How Many UK Drivers Thinking Of Working For EU Companies?

robroy:

OwenMoney:
Ironically Robroy, if you are the driver on here with a Dutch wife you could get residency in the EU without a problem.
The residents of the UK have no right to take up residency in an EU country.

From what I have been told, the Dutch have been hanging back and watching what is happening over here before they make THEIR move to get the [zb] out of there.
Covid has postponed their plans, for the time being apparently… no,.I cant work out the connection either.

That depends very much on who you listen to , just as over here. I think that the majority of the Dutch realise the shortcomings and problems of the EU, but are sensible enough to realise the benefits. You take the rough with the smooth.
Like here, there is the older generation(s) who are less tolerant, and who compare the Netherlands (and the world… ) of 50 years with the world today, and tomorrow. They won vote out, if only to stop those filthy buitenlanders from coming in. Sound familiar?
(BTW, the Dutch are good at presenting a friendly face, but they can give the most ardent racist a run for his money).
The Dutch are not stupid. Their chief sources of income are agriculture (mostly sold to the E.U), transport (not so much trucks anymore, but Rotterdam is the biggest (container)port in Europe, and needs open borders to prosper ) and tourism from Europe.

The Dutch are many things, but suicidal is not one of them.

the nodding donkey:

robroy:

OwenMoney:
Ironically Robroy, if you are the driver on here with a Dutch wife you could get residency in the EU without a problem.
The residents of the UK have no right to take up residency in an EU country.

From what I have been told, the Dutch have been hanging back and watching what is happening over here before they make THEIR move to get the [zb] out of there.
Covid has postponed their plans, for the time being apparently… no,.I cant work out the connection either.

That depends very much on who you listen to , just as over here. I think that the majority of the Dutch realise the shortcomings and problems of the EU, but are sensible enough to realise the benefits. You take the rough with the smooth.
Like here, there is the older generation(s) who are less tolerant, and who compare the Netherlands (and the world… ) of 50 years with the world today, and tomorrow. They won vote out, if only to stop those filthy buitenlanders from coming in. Sound familiar?
(BTW, the Dutch are good at presenting a friendly face, but they can give the most ardent racist a run for his money).
The Dutch are not stupid. Their chief sources of income are agriculture (mostly sold to the E.U), transport (not so much trucks anymore, but Rotterdam is the biggest (container)port in Europe, and needs open borders to prosper ) and tourism from Europe.

The Dutch are many things, but suicidal is not one of them.

Yep.
Many people mix with those who are like minded, not just in www echo chambers, either
If I’m always gobbing off about…summat…those who agree will stick around, those who disagree will avoid me. Or maybe just avoid contradictory arguments to keep the peace?
Personal experience is not always a good mirror o to the when world.
By this
pewresearch.org/global/2020 … -the-bloc/
Netherlanders seem 66% content with the EU.

I doubt there will be many if any driving jobs in the EU a UK driver will want to take, even if given a free 5-year EU visa. The rates will be mince as will the conditions. Our recently-departed EU drivers will take the roles at much lesser rates than we would be able to survive on, even if we were very heavy smokers! Time at home in the UK would be minimal and time in the wagon maxxed.

Pay attention to the stories of guys getting driven back by bus/minibus to their home countries such as Poland & Latvia…you all know they will be working for lower rate than we would want and the bus journey home will be part of their rest time. Can’t see that being attractive.

J

Franglais:
By this

If Trump, Johnson and Brexit have taught us anything my friend it’s that pollsters, campaigners and talking heads on various media outlets are simply guessing outcomes and are no more reliable than the fat fella in the RDC waiting room who has a friend who’s brother knows someone who……….

the maoster:

Franglais:
By this

If Trump, Johnson and Brexit have taught us anything my friend it’s that pollsters, campaigners and talking heads on various media outlets are simply guessing outcomes and are no more reliable than the fat fella in the RDC waiting room who has a friend who’s brother knows someone who……….

You may accuse me of dancing on a pinhead, but, pollsters predicting voting outcomes is different than opinion polls taken away from elections.
Well anyway, 98% of me believes so.

You’re dancing on a pinhead :wink:

The money in the uk is much higher than most in Europe…got a mate who works for a german company…said its rubbish money…dutch seem to fare best…but its max every day and week…those who get in the minibus are going home for a 1 - 3 week rest ( normally ) a fresh crew is brought out to replace them.was offered the role of mini bus driver.as the boss thought I lived in bg permanently…but only 3 months a year atm.