How Many UK Drivers Thinking Of Working For EU Companies?

It can not be so good or you would be there …how many drivers have jacked in and gone to work for amazon how many have gone to seek work in the council run places …good wage and conditions secure…good pension

The grass is not always greener on the other side of the channel.

A lot of European countries have day time LGV overtaking bans on large stretches of their road networks.

There’s now a multi country toll box in your cab that beeps along nicely like a taxi meter (expect to get stopped if it’s set up wrong).

Most service stations are packed overnight with trucks parked on entrance and exit roads.

Germany’s autobahn’s have been undergoing extensive roadworks to increase capacity, and speed limits imposed to slow both cars and trucks.

But in general it’s a lot better than UK.

Where’s my freedom of movement to Canada, or the USA, or Australia? Nothing special about Europe!

OwenMoney:
Ironically Robroy, if you are the driver on here with a Dutch wife you could get residency in the EU without a problem.
The residents of the UK have no right to take up residency in an EU country.

From what I have been told, the Dutch have been hanging back and watching what is happening over here before they make THEIR move to get the ■■■■ out of there.
Covid has postponed their plans, for the time being apparently… no,.I cant work out the connection either.

Sixties boy:

A lot of European countries have day time LGV overtaking bans on large stretches of their road networks.

There’s now a multi country toll box in your cab that beeps along nicely like a taxi meter (expect to get stopped if it’s set up wrong).

Most service stations are packed overnight with trucks parked on entrance and exit roads.

Germany’s autobahn’s have been undergoing extensive roadworks to increase capacity, and speed limits imposed to slow both cars and trucks.

Tbh mate, …I think if.I wanted to do it , none of those examples would even start to come on my radar to stop me, it would take a lot more than that…maybe something like conscription for instance. : :laughing:

robroy:

Sixties boy:

Tbh mate, …I think if.I wanted to do it , none of those examples would even start to come on my radar to stop me, it would take a lot more than that…maybe something like conscription for instance. : [emoji38]

I think Dad’s Army has been demobbed everywhere now…

Cheers for that. :laughing:

> Franglais:
> I think Dad’s Army has been demobbed everywhere now…

Not quite, I have my medical booked in 2 weeks time :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I challenge CF to see which one of us can renew our licences and be the first to get a Euro job

TruckerGuy:
Where’s my freedom of movement to Canada, or the USA, or Australia? Nothing special about Europe!

We never had free movement to Canada, the USA or Australia. However, we used to have free movement to work in any of the other 27 European countries and now we don’t.

OwenMoney:

TruckerGuy:
[/quote]
We never had free movement to Canada, the USA or Australia. However, we used to have free movement to work in any of the other 27 European countries and now we don’t.

Exactly, a Massive loss of freedom - for which no amount of cured meat from the hind legs of a pig can make up for :cry: :cry: :cry:

whisperingsmith:

OwenMoney:

TruckerGuy:
[/quote]

Exactly, a Massive loss of freedom - for which no amount of cured meat from the hind legs of a pig can make up for :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hardly a massive loss of freedom, freedom of movement for the average Brit meant weekends away in Europe rather than upping sticks and moving to Europe as the figures bear out 1 million Brits spread across Europe close to 6 million Europeans in the UK. You never got off a flight from the UK into Europe and walked straight out of the airport due to the UK not being in the Schengen Agreement so passports have always needed to be shown.

Mazzer2:

whisperingsmith:

OwenMoney:

TruckerGuy:
[/quote]

Hardly a massive loss of freedom, freedom of movement for the average Brit meant weekends away in Europe rather than upping sticks and moving to Europe as the figures bear out 1 million Brits spread across Europe close to 6 million Europeans in the UK. You never got off a flight from the UK into Europe and walked straight out of the airport due to the UK not being in the Schengen Agreement so passports have always needed to be shown.

The ONS reckons about 3.5million EU citizens in the UK.

blog.ons.gov.uk/2021/07/02/are- … in-the-uk/
Explains why the widespread media reports are flawed.

I million-ish UK citizens in the EU seems about right.

Franglais:

[/quote]
Well by their own admission they are not 100% sure until the results of the census come in but even taking into account the 6% of re-applications there are still more than 3.5 million who have appplied and so have the right if they want to live to here even if at present they may not be

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Well by their own admission they are not 100% sure until the results of the census come in but even taking into account the 6% of re-applications there are still more than 3.5 million who have appplied and so have the right if they want to live to here even if at present they may not be
[/quote]
And?
What particular significance do you attach to these figures?

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

And?
What particular significance do you attach to these figures?
[/quote]
That freedom of movement has a different meaning depending on where you come from in Europe and that for Brits it meant more about travel but for others it is about improving their lives, in terms of travel Brits can still travel to Europe so not a huge loss of freedom

the uk census the worlds most accurate statistics that recon there is less than 2% non british living in hackney.

Free movment into mainland europe for uk residents never existed other than hollidays and as said you needed to show a passport that they acctualy checked rather than just seeing the blue cover and waving you through. i know of someone that had serious money behind them and they wanted to retire to cyprus. cyprus eventualy let them buy a house after 5-6 years of proving they were visiting there for short periods a limited amount of times a year. Even after all that and paying the fees (several 100,000 pounds) and putting over a million in a cypiate bank they were allowed to visit thier house for 3 months at a time provided they spent longer periods back in the uk. Its worse than emigrating to america

IF Canada,Australia or New Zealand were to make it easier to live there or did assisted passage I think there would be a mass exit from UK so much so our gov would have to stop it…for the last 20 years this country has let any tom ■■■■ and harry who they know nothing about in to the country while Australia ,Canada, New Zealand have selected who enters their countries

cooper1203:
. i know of someone that had serious money behind them and they wanted to retire to cyprus. cyprus eventualy let them buy a house after 5-6 years of proving they were visiting there for short periods a limited amount of times a year. Even after all that and paying the fees (several 100,000 pounds) and putting over a million in a cypiate bank they were allowed to visit thier house for 3 months at a time provided they spent longer periods back in the uk. Its worse than emigrating to america

Then choose a country that wants you!
Portugal…buy a house for €280k in the right area and get a Portuguese (EU wide) passport in 5 yrs.

fuse:
IF Canada,Australia or New Zealand were to make it easier to live there or did assisted passage I think there would be a mass exit from UK so much so our gov would have to stop it…for the last 20 years this country has let any tom ■■■■ and harry who they know nothing about in to the country while Australia ,Canada, New Zealand have selected who enters their countries

Only a masochist would want to live in Australia or New Zealand! Worse than a prison camp now.

stu675:

fuse:

Only a masochist would want to live in Australia or New Zealand! Worse than a prison camp now.

Quite the opposite.
Easy enough to leave, and free to roam once there, but a problem to get into.