How many shifts?

Afternoon all, just some more knowledge required! Is there a limit to how many shifts you can work providing all daily rests required are taken and within the 144 hour rule?
Thanks!

Willyswheels:
Afternoon all, just some more knowledge required! Is there a limit to how many shifts you can work providing all daily rests required are taken and within the 144 hour rule?
Thanks!

Unless you have some really really short shifts you’re only going to be able to do 6 and the way the rules are designed unless you have really short shifts, as in 6hrs, you’re only going to be able to do 6. You can only drive 56hrs hrs and cannot exceed 60hrs work in a fixed week (between 00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday). You need to have at least one weekly rest period, which depending on the previous week’s rest period will either be 24 or 45 hours.

Your employer will most likely use Tachomaster.

Get a pin number from the office and download the app onto your phone as long as you download your card every day you will have an accurate record of your hours worked and hours available.

Willyswheels:
Thanks!

As long as all the correct rests are taken within the 144h hours then there is no limit often use 7 or 8 cards.

Thanks all, I’m pretty clued up on max hours I can work/drive. I started my working week Sunday doing 5 hours, done 6 hours this morning and will be back in tonight after a reduced daily rest. So, by the end of Thursday I’ll be on 6 shifts. Is there anything stopping me working Friday night for a 7th shift and having a reduced rest to start again Sunday? I had a full 45 on my last weekly rest.

Thanks.

can I do a 7th shift and they wonder why there so many 1 parent families :roll

dozy:
can I do a 7th shift and they wonder why there so many 1 parent families :roll

We regularly do a 7th shift as that is the one that gets you home so, weekend in Holyhead or 3 days at home for doing a 7th shift no brainer, really wish people wouldn’t judge everyone else on their own jobs pattern of work.

Willyswheels:
Thanks all, I’m pretty clued up on max hours I can work/drive. I started my working week Sunday doing 5 hours, done 6 hours this morning and will be back in tonight after a reduced daily rest. So, by the end of Thursday I’ll be on 6 shifts. Is there anything stopping me working Friday night for a 7th shift and having a reduced rest to start again Sunday? I had a full 45 on my last weekly rest.

Thanks.

You need to start your weekly rest no later than 144 hours (6 x 24 hrs) after your working week started. The answer to your second question depends on what weekly rest you had previously. Oops sorry just read again and yes you can have a reduced weekly rest .

Thanks again guys for the clarification. FYI i am doing it for extra family time in the sun with the family in the summer, its a one off hence the reason i wanted the information.

Thanks.