How many of you guys

hi all , just sitting here in work on a sunday wondering what am i doing here its sunday , so then i thought i would love a mon - fri job again , so it brings me to wondering how many of you guys drive trucks just monday to fri , ive done my class2 doing class 1 soon and wonder how many jobs out there in driving are just weekdays ?

there few and far between. i have never had one that you have every weekend off most include some sort of weekend work be it running in or weekending or running out on a Sunday . may be i have just had crap jobs :slight_smile:

I do multi drop, delivering to pubs, clubs, hotels, restaurants etc.

We aim to be at our first drops by 7am, so depending on which run we’re on, we start between 2.30 and 5.30. Very rare we work after 5pm.

Been there a year, and not worked one day on a weekend yet.

Love it.

I drive street sweepers, mostly building sites and the like, work days, monday to friday, and some saturday mornings… I dont like working weekends though… :confused:

I usually work mon to fri and sometimes run in on a sat morning, but im gona start at 5ish today just so i can get home early tomorrow so i don’t have to start at 2am on monday. :frowning:

We were talking about this at work only the other day. Most of our staff are (I’ll be polite) middle aged and have been in the trucking game since year dot. And we were discussing how it used to be the norm to go into the yard on a Saturday morning and grease the trucks and get them cleaned ready for the next week. As much as anything else, it was almost a social event. It’s no longer the norm - and the jury will be out on whether or not that’s a good thing.

I know it’s not what the OP was talking about - just thought I’d share that with you.

I suppose it has to be better to roll in on a Friday and not see the truck again till late Sunday or even Monday morning.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

the only shift pattern ive ever worked is mon-fri days..with nights out as and when needed.i wouldnt work any other shift unless it was 4 on…4 off.

interesting replies , ive worked weekends or shall i say 6 days on 3 days off so it works out i work a lot of weekends and im desperate to find work mon to fri driving i dont really care what hours they are just want my weekends off , another question then , does anyone work on tippers for building sites etc like aggregate drops , is that mainly mon to fri and how hard is it to get in on them , ive got no experience yet btw ?

I work mon - fri 7 till 5pm for a private utility firm as a support driver, delivering or collecting anything from road signs, cones, barriers, tarmac rollers, mini diggers, coiled pipe, coil pipe trailer dispenser, stick pipe, pecker/breaker, bucket attachments, Hiab delivery of bulk bags of sand or MOT stone, and pallets of temp. tar, its a different job everyday .

Its not haulage as such. Most jobs are 24/7 nowadays, i’ve done grocery deliveries 5 over 7 on rotating early and late night shifts and got out after 9 months of sheer misery.

My brother in law works on tippers and he is on the same hours, saturday mornings being optional overtime, although it does go quiet towards christmas and can end up sat at home 1 or 2 days a week.

A lot of refuse companies work Mon-Friday + some saturday mornings. (and bank holidays have to be covered)
I work for a medium sized haulage firm now doing general haulage & palletline work.
I work mon-fri & 1 saturday in 9 & never work sundays. :smiley:

Mon - Fri start 6.30am finish 5pm most days but occassionally earlier / later to suit. Not done a night out in over 6 years on this job and pay is by all accounts fairly decent. Occasionally get asked if I want to do a Saturday morning but it’s very rare and completely optional, usually do 2-3 year either beause it’s a job that’s interesting or too tricky in the week.

Delivering plant on and off construction sites and similar with beavertail / Hiab

good to see all different jobs out there , sometime dont realise how much different types of work their is on hgv s , im really hoping for days mon - fri , bring on class 1 next month