How many minors make a major

How do I find out what majors and minors are, is 1 major an instant fail how many types of minor are there, ( driving, show me, shunt,ect.) and how many minors are a fail?

1 serious is a failure, no more than 5 minors per section and no more than 15 minors overall. I stand to be corrected :slight_smile:

thanks for that. How many sections are there and what are they?

mrpj:
1 serious is a failure, no more than 5 minors per section and no more than 15 minors overall. I stand to be corrected :slight_smile:

3 minors then a serious

mickyblue:

mrpj:

3 minors then a serious

4 minors is it not!

dodester:

mickyblue:

mrpj:

3 minors then a serious

4 minors is it not!

Nah 3

Example,
Driving like a prat - 111 - then a tick in the S box

Unfortunately this is not a precise science. It is entirely up to the examiner when he finally decides that the same minor driving fault has occured enough times to mark it as serious.

Typically they will allow 3/4 minors before marking it serious. Don’t however make the mistake of thinking that because an event is USUALLY considered a minor fault it will always be marked as such. For example missing a nearside mirror just prior to turning right will normally attract 1 minor mark BUT if there is a vehcile passing you closely on your left and you dont look then you can expect a serious mark.

The point here is that the same mistake can attract a Minor, Serious or even a Dangerous mark. It depends on the circumstances.

Here is a copy of a test report form (Form DL25). It is produced at the time in triplicate with Part A being sent to DSA HQ, Part B being retained at the test centre and Part C being given to the candidate to either celebrate or cry over.

flairtraining.co.uk/picts/st … n_dl25.pdf The candidate has given permission for it to be displayed online.

Regards

John
Flair Training

Do they do the controlled stop still?

it wasnt present in my test so i presume not :smiley:

i didn’t have it in mine either but i just saw on the sheet that the box was ticked