How many drivers to change a Scania light bulb?

Been given a Scania and the “night” driving lights have been swiped out of it. I haven’t a clue which bulbs go in. Tried the same as the front bulbs but it keeps blowing the fuse Can anyone stick a picture of the ones in theirs on here! Seems like a weird fitting and I don’t want to be forcing bulbs in and causing problems. Cheers, it’s a 04 Scania btw!

Single filament 5w or 10w

I had the sheer indignation of having to actually change my own headlight bulb in the S500 earlier :open_mouth:

Tbf I’ve never done it in this unit because its never blown until now but after some fiddling about looking for ways in I’m pleased to report that its actually rather simple, took less than five minutes and that was mainly because you can change a bulb without unbuilding half the bodywork, unlike on my car where you need to either remove the bumper or remove the wheel arch lining :unamused:

I had a trailer bulb out the other night, I’ve changed numerous bulbs over the years, but could I ■■■■ suss out how to get this bulb out of it’s fancy ■■■■ holder. :imp:
Why do these ■■■■ manufacturers change things for changes sake, and why ‘mend’ stuff’ that ain’t broken??
It just ■■■■ winds me up, … :wink: leave stuff and systems that have worked fine for years ALONE… Actros mirrors are a perfect example . :smiling_imp:

When i get a new motor i suss the front light units out, preferably on a warm bright day, and grease up the holding screws/bolts so when you do get a blown bulb, inevitably rain/frost/windy/dark, it’s as easy a job as you can make it, most important with MAN’s especially because chances are it will be 3 or more years old before any bulb blows in the front lamps units and the securing screwbolts will be rusting up by then…can’t say the same for the tail lights mind which will blow all six tail light bulbs near enough annually.

Always carry a selection of the correct bulbs too, unfortunately more often than not you end up supplying to others you work with along with the necessary screwdrivers and knowhow to do their jobs :unamused:

Just ring fleet , get a E number & either take it there or get a call out to change it , I had tail light bulb changed , fuse 58 , indicator bulb all changed last week , have the kit , tools & could do it all myself but that’s the way they want it done so that’s what happens
Nb I do turn the lights on & off though to help !!!

That was nearly an issue this morning - lack of screws instead replaced woth torx heads. You can bodge a flathead or phillips if its just nkt the right size, but torx you can’t get away with it. Luckily it was one I had so all good.

For 04 plate Scania I would try the owner drivers forum as there won’t be many on fleets. If its blowing bulbs then thsts probably why it was removed and needs more attention such as corroded wires.

As for replacing them - could do on DAF until 2014 then they too messed it up. Now goes to garage for front lights and costs the company…their choice for buying POS. We only get yjem when they are around 15 plate so screws usually broken anyway.