How many days driving can I do around this rota?

Hi,

Below is my rota for my office-based job. Please can some kind super-brain confirm how many days driving I will be able to do on top? I wouldn’t be able to drive on the days of ‘Call-Out’, just in case I was called out to work, obviously, although 9 times out of 10 I am not contacted in which case I presume this weekend would count as a full 45hr rest.

My rota is actually an 8 week rota, not 4 as below. Weeks 5-8 are just the same as below except on Week 8 I get Wed-Thu-Fri off instead of just Thu-Fri.

By my reckoning I could drive Sat or Sun on Week 2 and then maybe Thu or Fri on Week 4…but then I wonder if I would still be able to be on call the following week. Hmm.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2015-09-24 at 11.50.02.png

Realistically you can work one day in week two then one day every second week until week eight when you could do two days driving.

I assume that when you’re on call-out on Sundays you’re always finished before midnight ?
If that’s the case then the call-outs won’t affect your driving days.

WeeklyRest.jpg

tachograph:
I assume that when you’re on call-out on Sundays you’re always finished before midnight ?

Thanks tachograph. Yeah my c/o is over by 8pm actually. Good that I can work at least a day every fortnight…but maybe work on a Thu/Fri will be harder to find than work on a weekend. What do you reckon?

DAF_MAN:
but maybe work on a Thu/Fri will be harder to find than work on a weekend. What do you reckon?

We’re fast approaching the busiest time of year in road transport, I suppose it will depend to some extent on your location but I’d say you’ve got a good chance of getting work on weekdays.