How many clowns will disobey Boris?

And how the hell are there enough police to stop people doing what they should not?

I don’t have issue with, done correctly (limiting contact etc) people going to work, but what we all saw at the weekend was just taking the pure ■■■■. Think ETS said in another thread that people were treating it as a free bank holiday, which they were.

One or two will that’s for sure.
Heard a story today that our local Wetherspoons was getting a deep clean, the lights were on so a couple of Giro men were banging on the door asking if they could come in for a pint. :laughing:
When all the truckers and outside workers are dead from Corona, all that will be left will be the stay at home never had a job doleies, (or Jezzas as my daughter calls em :laughing: …Jeremy Kyle types) so God help the country then eh? :laughing:

As piers Morgan said on tv (don’t really like him but he’s correct on this) we are a nation and generation that don’t like being told no. No one is asking us to go to war and get shot at, just stay at home and watch tv. That’s all. Yet because people won’t be told no and still know best of course plenty will disobey it knowing the police will struggle to prove they aren’t out for one of the reasons allowed.

They’ll only think about taking notice when the Army get instructions to shoot to kill.

No power of arrest for it, just “encouragement to disperse”.
They wouldn’t be locking people up anyway even if they could due to zero resources and everything else.
Estimated to be 40% off police off sick next week aswell.

Further steps soon ie the army on the streets, pretty much guaranteed.
It’s more palatable by piecemeal

DickyNick:
of course plenty will disobey it knowing the police will struggle to prove they aren’t out for one of the reasons allowed.

Dont worry…Dorris the local neighbourhood snitch will be dialling 101 to inform on you.

cav551:
They’ll only think about taking notice when the Army get instructions to shoot to kill.

Does that mean I can buy Barret and offer my services :sunglasses:

cav551:

As scary as it sounds that order could come, not for Doris in her Yaris popping to Waitrose, but for the inevitable feckless fraternity who’ll seize the opportunity to go in for some light rioting/looting.

The only problem being the soldiers are still nursing a festering wound from last century which is seeing old men chased by the judiciary for events that happened across the Irish Sea. As much as soldiers would love to pull the trigger on rioters do you not reckon that they’ll think long and hard of the future consequences of doing just that?

msgyorkie:

DickyNick:
of course plenty will disobey it knowing the police will struggle to prove they aren’t out for one of the reasons allowed.

Dont worry…Dorris the local neighbourhood snitch will be dialling 101 to inform on you.

Good. Longer people disobey it longer it will go on for.

If 48% of people were going to “resist Brexit forever”, then surely we must be united Remainers and Brexiteers in that 99.9% of us are going to resist having our livlihoods stripped away, and being reduced to a permanent gulag house arrest existence with not even any kind of income replacement put in place…

It is inevitable that this 80% wage cover the government speaks of - will be snapped up by firms mothballing themselves by choice - with the excess workforce then being transferred to a parallel-owned group company to satisfy the “mustn’t lay anyone off to qualify” thing. The staff themselves? Uprooted, and still on retainer pay - but suddenly asked to perform any odd-job duties, likely well outside their normal contract parameters.

So… All this money flying about from the Government, much of it printed - ends up back in the hands of the Banks yet again, and today’s world market actions suggest that it is already being fed into them at bargain basement prices…

Food prices - sharply higher on the markets today, Oil has stopped dropping, and Gold has staged a huge one-day rally.

…What do rank-and-file workers get? “Shifted to company location B to push a broom/clean the toilets/tidy the yard”, no benefits for them - but the company now has 80% of it’s payroll met, despite them not losing money by degrees to start with here… :unamused:

The People - Lose.
Firms - Either don’t lose, or gain.
Banks - Gain the most of all.
Savers - Lose, because your savings are being eroded by inflation being far higher than the returns.
Borrowers - Lose, because lower interest rates are NOT being passed on, and no one is holding the bank’s feet to the fire to make them.
Even Benefit claimaints will lose out - because there won’t be any extra benefits for them from now on.
Ill or disabled? - Forget visiting an NHS hospital - they are swamped under (so we’re told) as it is. Presumably the extra 20billion fed into the NHS since last year - has already been wasted, or perhaps disappeared into some other ether
Then there’s anyone who’s either paying into a pension, or drawing one. Expect less out for more paid in - for the forseeable future. About to take your pension for the first time at what you thought was retirement age of 67? - Forget it. Get back to work, because you won’t now be able to afford to retire - until age 74 or until Coronavirus mops you up in the meantime. Great. Cheers everyone! A good and honest World War - would have been more honest that THIS rubbish we’re being put through now… And in the name of WHAT?

I see Dominic ■■■■■■■■ is accused of “Having the right idea”…

I’d criticise him more for “not implementing just that” rather than trying to deny he ever thought it…

It is more likely he actually said “Why don’t we let nature take it’s course here, let this disease run it’s course, save billions, and not trash our economy?”

toonsy:
Think ETS said in another thread that people were treating it as a free bank holiday, which they were.

I think ETS would be on here asking if his ■■■■ should be yellow or clear and if his ■■■■ should be brown so I wouldn’t be taking his words for example

Though he may be right here :smiley:

‘Resistance’ here - is going out of your way to get infected asap from here on. Best to become immune now to this current mutation that won’t kill you unless you have “underlying health conditions” - than leave it for another month, by which time a new strain mutation will have a far more dangerous effect, not limited to “Death” neither! Mutagenic effects on the future unborn for starters…

Winseer:
‘Resistance’ here - is going out of your way to get infected asap from here on. Best to become immune now to this current mutation that won’t kill you unless you have “underlying health conditions” - than leave it for another month, by which time a new strain mutation will have a far more dangerous effect, not limited to “Death” neither! Mutagenic effects on the future unborn for starters…

Get a ■■■■■■■ grip man, do as you are told.

Or not let your elderly relatives catch it, or the most vulnerable you know. Spread it round the vulnerable and elderly you dont know just because you think you can become immune when you don’t know if you can’t catch it more than once.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b … s-52003543

Their parents should be made to watch them being executed.

cav551:
Coronavirus: Teens held for 'coughing in face' of elderly couple - BBC News

I wanna be the executioner… :imp: :imp:

cav551:
Coronavirus: Teens held for 'coughing in face' of elderly couple - BBC News

The “passerby” was none other than Tommy R.
Funny there is no mention of that in the media.
Go Tommy
youtu.be/WRqFQCcUszY

im just waiting on the inevitable “rebels” putting videos on FB or youtube showing themselves flouting the lockdown

Im just heading to work at 3a.m . I shalk be expecting a tug and a nod. Food must keep going. I am going to do my shopping when im finished as im expecting the shops to be a bit quieter after this announcement.

Might even get some bumhole paper.