How long?

Alrighty, a question which may sound silly but I’m just needing a solid answer.

I’ve been lucky enough to get a job ish, And will be able to fund my driving lessons b.s

I’m just wanting to know, how long I have to wait until i can go for Cat C after I’ve passed my driving test. I’m thinking its 6 months but i cant be sure. :slight_smile:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

You can pass B and go straight for C if you are aged 18 - no waiting time

You can do it as soon as your provisional entitlement is on you licence

Pass your test, licence is sent away, becomes pink then send it and forms away again to get entitlements then you can start cat c.

Id day a month from passing your test.

Thanks folks. So am i right in thinking that I can get the Cat C provisional entitlement put onto my license when I send it off to get the full license. I heard somewhere you can do that.

Cheers

Jonny :slight_smile:

jonnytruckfest:
Thanks folks. So am i right in thinking that I can get the Cat C provisional entitlement put onto my license when I send it off to get the full license. I heard somewhere you can do that.

Cheers

Jonny :slight_smile:

What age will you be when you pass B ?

Hopefully i’ll still be 18 but if not i’ll be 19 :slight_smile:

Cheers

Id stick the upgrade form in too. The worst that will happen is youll be charged and put on a register.

I always thought that the provisional entitlement for Cat C & C+E was free. :confused:

Cheers

I always thought that the provisional entitlement for Cat C & C+E was free.

And you thought right! Pass your Cat B and, as has been said before, send it straight back to get your provisional C. Remember you will need a completed D4 medical form to go with it.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for that Pete, I forgot about the medical form though :blush: :blush:

Cheers

jonnytruckfest:
Alrighty, a question which may sound silly but I’m just needing a solid answer.

I’ve been lucky enough to get a job ish, And will be able to fund my driving lessons b.s

I’m just wanting to know, how long I have to wait until i can go for Cat C after I’ve passed my driving test. I’m thinking its 6 months but i cant be sure. :slight_smile:

Cheers

So what is the job ish?

You cannot tease us like that you minx :stuck_out_tongue:

Well it’s an ‘apprenticeship’ but it pays enough for what I’m saving up for also it’s a full time job at the end of it. Basically it’s working in a bar in leeds as a waiter/bar tender etc :laughing: :blush:

I don’t know if I have got it yet but with how it was explained to me, it sounds like I’m assuing to get it :open_mouth: As there are 10-15 positions open also the bloke who I spoke to asked if I knew anyone else that would be interested in applying for it. It’s not bad money but it isn’t great but it shall get me through my tests etc :grimacing:

But I shall be learning how to drive at the start of 2012 so, I’m on my journey to drive a truck at least :smiley:

Cheers

A question -

Can a person take the D4 medical, fill in the D2 form for C & D provisionals then within weeks of doing those, pass the B test and send the lot off in one go?

I am thinking that the medical is valid for a few months (cannot remember how many :blush: ) and DVLA will get the B test pass so be able to put C & D provisionals on the licence …