How long to get my Licence back?

Hi guys - I passed my “C” category on the 21st May and duly handed my licence over to the examiner for it to be sent off to be updated. How long should I wait before chasing it up? I’ve checked on the DVLA site and it has not been updated so far… :confused:

Keen to get it back so I can start chasing up the local hauliers for work :laughing:

Do they still give you a pass cert when they tell you you’ve passed?if so you can use that in the mean time.

And another little tip.
Check daily on the DVLA website for details of your license.
Often you will see the change there first and then know to expect a nice gift from the postman.

Jon

PS View or share your driving licence information - GOV.UK if you didn’t have the link already.

got mine back after a week and a half

and yeah you get a pass cert to cover you in the mean time.

DVLA say to allow up to three weeks. From personal experience passing C, CE and D over the last couple of years it has taken 2-3 weeks.

Chase up with them if you’re overly keen. I’m sure it will be on your doormat soon :smiley:

I checked mine on this today and there was nothing.

I phoned them to see if they’d even recorded the changes seeing as it’s a week tomorrow I passed C+E. They still don’t have info on the pass. Thought that would all be pretty quick when the examiner puts the pass on his computer.

On the plus side I did get my tacho card through.

H4L:

I phoned them to see if they’d even recorded the changes seeing as it’s a week tomorrow I passed C+E. They still don’t have info on the pass. Thought that would all be pretty quick when the examiner puts the pass on his computer.

Yeah I passed the same time as you and online there is no change for me either. This is the longest its taken for me so far, they’ve been really quick with everything else. Just have to wait…

Michael Douglas:

H4L:

Yeah I passed the same time as you and online there is no change for me either. This is the longest its taken for me so far, they’ve been really quick with everything else. Just have to wait…

Hopefully the finger is hovering over the update keyboard as we speak.

H4L:

Michael Douglas:

H4L:

Hopefully the finger is hovering over the update keyboard as we speak.

My categories have been added. Any luck yourself?

Just checked and that’s them added so hopefully get something in the next week through the door.

Finally got my licence back with the new C category last Friday i.e. 2 weeks & 1 day since I passed and the examiner sent it off…

That’s mine arrived!