How long is your medical valid?

Hey there folks, back in 2005 I was put for my HGV through the local authority I work for, so I did my medical to get my provisional. Then my theory and tried my training, now sadly due to the trainer being a prick, I ended up walking off the course on day 4 and spending weeks trying to get any confidence back in my life.
However my work has approached me again about going for my HGV and I am wondering if I will need to Renew my medical or wether it lasts as long as the provisional entitlement??

Cheers in advance folks fae Davie

slowtrac:
Hey there folks, back in 2005 I was put for my HGV through the local authority I work for, so I did my medical to get my provisional. Then my theory and tried my training, now sadly due to the trainer being a prick, I ended up walking off the course on day 4 and spending weeks trying to get any confidence back in my life.
However my work has approached me again about going for my HGV and I am wondering if I will need to Renew my medical or wether it lasts as long as the provisional entitlement??

Cheers in advance folks fae Davie

Medical lasts till age 45 or if you are over that age then it needs renewing every 5 years

Theory and HPT only lasts for 2 years

If you passed car test after 1996 then you will need initial LGV driver CPC in order to drive LGVs commercially

If you passed car test before 1997 then you will need 35 hours of driver cpc periodic training in order to drive LGVs commercially after 09/09/2014 - those hours can be started now as you would already have LGV C1 on the licence