How long have you sat on a bay . .

Before realising, or being told that it’s self tip!

I speak with Aldi Chelmsford in mind, other RDC’s may apply.

My first time (not today) didn’t think anything of it, security at the gate didn’t say anything. Went to see goods in and told a bay number, it just didn’t click to me that all these poor chaps flying about with electric pump ups were the actual Lorry drivers !! :open_mouth: .

So got back in cab and even put it on break for about 20 minutes before I actually looked across to the other cabs around me. Note that there weren’t lorries directly next to me, there were gaps in the bays so didn’t look in cabs straightaway . That’s my excuse anyway :wink:

As expected felt like a prat afterwards,

I also came in to work the other day with my weetabix and left the bloody milk at home!

Does anyone hate their own brain as much as I do!!■■

Regards

Dan Bear 87:
Does anyone hate their own brain as much as I do!!■■

Dozy will let you know when he locates his… [emoji12]

I sat at Aldi for two hours before realising I had to do meself.

but for a ‘normal’ tip, Bibby, Bangrove road Corby, booked in at 0700, arrived 0630, allocated a bay and on the dock at 0645 and they commenced unloading 26 pallets at …1545PM just 9 hours later I left at 1616 empty.
The longest I have ever had. So I now dont mind tipping myself!

Sainsbury’s Hackbridge…

I got in there at around 14:00. The day shift didn’t wanna know so it was left for the night shift to do. They prevaricated, ummed and ahed (sic?) until I drew the curtains and went to bed. Then out came ‘Mr Hi-Viz I can use a blue crayon without the help of a grown up’ with the usual you can’t park here overnight crap.

The day shift tipped it about 8 the next morning.

18 hours … Got on a bay at Argos in Bridgewater at noon and even though I told them my time was up at 6.00pm and needed to by parked up by then they insisted on keeping me on the bay until exactly 6.00pm and then I drew the curtains and refused to move for 12 hours, they called the police who backed me up and I spent the night on the bay, when I walked to the pub for a meal and came back security refused to let me back in, so I called the cops again who insisted I was allowed to my truck. They never stitched me up again.

Do people actually read the op before wading in with unrelated posts (ironic I know, that this post has naff all to do with the op), or just read a title and wade in?

Pat Hasler:
18 hours … Got on a bay at Argos in Bridgewater at noon and even though I told them my time was up at 6.00pm and needed to by parked up by then they insisted on keeping me on the bay until exactly 6.00pm and then I drew the curtains and refused to move for 12 hours, they called the police who backed me up and I spent the night on the bay, when I walked to the pub for a meal and came back security refused to let me back in, so I called the cops again who insisted I was allowed to my truck. They never stitched me up again.

No chalk involved ? :smiley:

you young’uns don’t know what waiting is back in the late seventies you could wait 3 days to be tipped at the docks in London, then if you got to the front without your union card you would not get tipped at all, I waited a day and a half at the royal albert once for 1 6x4x4 crate, got away drove over to millwal arriving at about 17.15 the place was deserted, thinking here we go again another night waiting, then a forklift came around the corner and the driver said what you got mate, I said a full load, he said whip those sheets off I will tip you now, out the gate by 18.00, down to park at potterfields by tower bridge, in the tooley street Italian for tea, over the bridge to the minories pub and watch some young ladies take off their clothes, they must have been too hot, I did not think it was particularly warm though,

OVLOV JAY:
Do people actually read the op before wading in with unrelated posts (ironic I know, that this post has naff all to do with the op), or just read a title and wade in?

It has lots to do with it, the question was “How long have you sat on a bay ?” or am I blind ?

Pat Hasler:

OVLOV JAY:

It has lots to do with it, the question was “How long have you sat on a bay ?” or am I blind ?

And you still haven’t read the op, or noticed the … in the title

Dan Bear 87:
Before realising, or being told that it’s self tip!

Could be this bit :grimacing:
I personally don’t believe that Argos story anyway :unamused:

Twoninety88:
I sat at Aldi for two hours before realising I had to do meself.

but for a ‘normal’ tip, Bibby, Bangrove road Corby, booked in at 0700, arrived 0630, allocated a bay and on the dock at 0645 and they commenced unloading 26 pallets at …1545PM just 9 hours later I left at 1616 empty.
The longest I have ever had. So I now dont mind tipping myself!

Talk about extremes. I had my quickest ever load there the other day. Backed onto a bay and they loaded 52 pallets of crisps in 9 minutes! I was in and out in 20 mins.

But longest… I was 7 1/2 hours at Tesco Middlewich on a Friday night overtime shift once. Job and finish too.

hotel magnum:
you young’uns don’t know what waiting is back in the late seventies you could wait 3 days to be tipped at the docks in London, then if you got to the front without your union card you would not get tipped at all, I waited a day and a half at the royal albert once for 1 6x4x4 crate, got away drove over to millwal arriving at about 17.15 the place was deserted, thinking here we go again another night waiting, then a forklift came around the corner and the driver said what you got mate, I said a full load, he said whip those sheets off I will tip you now, out the gate by 18.00, down to park at potterfields by tower bridge, in the tooley street Italian for tea, over the bridge to the minories pub and watch some young ladies take off their clothes, they must have been too hot, I did not think it was particularly warm though,

Queuing to tip at Liverpool docks was an unknown back in the '60’s and '70’s, it could be days.
Later in my career doing middle east, time became irrelevant.
Not unusual to arrive at a border/customs control to find you’d just arrived as Ramadan started, wait for a week!
Or clearing customs going into Saudi when you would be asked to back onto a bay last thing in the afternoon and tip your fridge onto the dock for inspection, then have to wait till morning for the check, then shovel your thawed out load back on, countless loads ruined this way.

Rdc/Ndc’s needs to employ more forklift /peope to cut this ■■■■■■■■ out completely .It is madness to have so many managerial staff in the wrong jobs …

A couple of years ago, just before Christmas I did 24hrs at Farmers Boy in Winsford. I turned up at 16:00 and told them I was out of time 19:00, when it got to 18:30 they told me to drop my trailer and park up. I stated at 06:00 the next morning and my trailer was still in the same place and loaded. I finally got out of the place at 16:30 that afternoon. It was all to do with no storage and they were basically using my trailer as extra storage until room became available in the cold store. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was Bright House in Trafford. What a crap hole that is. Nowhere to park without being in someone’s way and stuff littered all over the yard. Turned up, queued to get near loading bay, got there, stood like clown at back of trailer waiting for someone to appear with pump truck like the previous drivers before me, no one came, drove back round and waited in queue again. Repeat a few times. Still no one came. Asked multiple people wtf is going on, no one could give me an answer with one even saying “this is not my problem”. Thanks pal. Finally after 2 hours someone finally tells me where my load is. It was a pallet of boxes up a corner in their warehouse which I was supposed to throw on myself.

Well thanks very much, could’ve mentioned it 2 hours ago :open_mouth:

never been held that long at aldis or lidl ( i wont now as no longer do curtain/van work) but some of the paperwork stated it was a self tip

IKEA Doncaster not there fault though arrived 10.30am trailer 4.30 collection thats malcomes when i was agency.

Pat Hasler:

You forgot to mention that they had to cordon off the bays adjacent to you…

Pat Hasler:
. They never stitched me up again.

I always pack chalk for these circumstances. Accept no substitutes.