How long for provisional to come back from DVLA?

I’ve just had my medical and have my D2 filled in and ready to send off for my provisional Cat C.

I have my CPC training starting on 27th Nov and need my driving licence for it. Do I risk sending it off for my provisional in the hope the DVLA takes less than their stated 3 weeks or not?

Wondering how long these things usually take? Got my digital tacho card within only a matter of days.

Ta.

Sadie.

Mine took 5 days to come back

Take a photo copy of BOTH parts before you send it off, especially as you’re a motorbikerist!

I know of a few occasions where people have had entitlements disappear (usually A) so be warned if you cannot provide proof that it was on your licence then you’ll have to resit your “lost” category!

As for the licence not coming back, a couple of guys (for different reasons) didn’t have 1 or both parts of their licences on them whilst on my DCPC course and neither of them got booted out also your driver number is on your digi card and with the photocopies I suggested you make would probably* get you through

*disclaimer: I have no idea if this would be the case where you do your DCPC as it probably depends on the course provider

If it does not come back quickly blame this member as he lives near there …
Reef South Wales
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I sent mine off recorded on a monday. Showed up as accepted on wednesday. Came back by the following wednesday with no entitlement :imp: (Well B was still there thank god. And Q, and AM (with restrictions :L). Went up the place to get the doc to say I don’t have sleep apnea. Not in. Grrr…

At any rate I’m still waiting on mine. No reason it couldn’t take less time though (as long as it’s not your first placcy licence) :smiley: .

Hi. Just reading through this thread. Can we assume you passed your car test before 1997?

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Had mine back in a week (this was about 3 weeks ago). You should be fine but it can take longer if they see something on the medical form which needs investigating.

sent on a fri and back on tues for me, coudnt fault it, all info has come back quite quick for me

Mine took just over 2 months to come back. Luck of the draw probably.

Mine took 8 days, which seems to be the general turnaround.

ROG:
Reef South Wales

I live less than 10 miles from the DVLA offices, still takes one to two weeks to get the ruddy thing back though :unamused: to be fair my Digi card was only 4 days though :wink:

And I don’t even think I’m allowed to hand stuff in in person, I’m sure I heard somewhere it HAS to be posted :neutral_face:

Mine took 2 weeks and 2 days I think.

Reef:

ROG:
Reef South Wales

I live less than 10 miles from the DVLA offices, still takes one to two weeks to get the ruddy thing back though :unamused: to be fair my Digi card was only 4 days though :wink:

And I don’t even think I’m allowed to hand stuff in in person, I’m sure I heard somewhere it HAS to be posted :neutral_face:

How do you get your digicard?

richcfc1:
How do you get your digicard?

gov.uk/apply-for-a-digital- … smart-card

Peter Smythe:
Hi. Just reading through this thread. Can we assume you passed your car test before 1997?

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yes I did :wink:

Even though my digi card was only a few days, I think I might wait til after my CPC training is complete. As soon as that’s done I hope to pick up some 7.5t work to help towards getting some experience while I get my theory test and Cat C training sorted.

Thanks for the replies :slight_smile: