How long do you drive?

Hi guys.

I am just doing a bit of research on how many hours the general trucker drives per week. I’ve been driving for years and have always been interested in to what the average time spent on the road is!

If you could take 2 seconds out of your day to vote I’d really appreciate it!!!

Cheers

My average is probably no more than 20hrs driving per week.

Now no more than 20 but when i was in recovery the wheels were always rolling

Between 45 and 56 I would say for me.

between 20 an 30 tops at the moment

EdClay99:
I’ve been driving for years

Driving what?

The regulations allow us to drive for 56 hours per week, however, there is a ridiculous rule that states that we can only drive for 90 hours in a fortnight. therefore we must average 45 hours per week. :unamused:
we may drive for a maximum of 4.5 hours before taking a break. i usually do 3 to 4 hours before having a break depending on how much blood is in my alcohol system.
the rules generally change when we are heading home. :wink:

limeyphil:

EdClay99:
I’ve been driving for years

we may drive for a maximum of 4.5 hours before taking a break. i usually do 3 to 4 hours before having a break depending on how much blood is in my alcohol system.
the rules generally change when we are heading home. :wink:

Fair enough! I usually have two 2-4 hours a day, 6 days a week so I think I’m over the limit!

The fact is that 2-4 hours per week does put you over the limit.I used to do similar to yourself until I had words with a nice VOSA man who put an end to it.You have to have 45 hours off as weekly rest .When I said on Mon. and Fri. I only did 2 hours I was told any hours count as a days work.

Depends how busy we are, normally do 80 to 90 a fortnight though.

My actual driving hours are 35 per week as I have the same run all the time.

30ish most weeks but goes up to 40ish doing dt runs and im like a burst couch. ■■■■ knows what id be like doing 50odd :laughing: