How long do I need to keep tacho prints for?

I keep finding these old printouts of my cockups with my hand-written explanations on the back - in my wallet and in side pockets of my backpacks. Oh, and I’ve got 1 tacho disc from a single day shift I did for that ■■■■ fabrics store/warehouse earlier this year. So, my question - how long (I understand it’s 28 days but can’t be certain) do these need to be kept for? The print on some of them has already faded a bit, lol. I also remember reading somewhere it’s 6 months or a year, that you need to have them for.

wow, didn’t know shortening the word ‘Pakistani’ turns it into a dirty word, sorry

28 days plus current day.

The paper chart should be handed back to the fabric people. And you should have kept that for 28 days (plus current day) but no longer than 42 days.

Legally required printouts should be kept with you for 28 days then handed into the transport operator, tachograph charts should also be carried for 28 days the handed to the transport operator.

Note, only legally required printouts need to be handed into the transport office.

The transport company need to keep legally required printouts for 12 months or 2 years if the tachograph data is being used to track drivers hours for the RT(WT)R.

tachograph:
Legally required printouts should be kept with you for 28 days then handed into the transport operator, tachograph charts should also be carried for 28 days the handed to the transport operator.

Note, only legally required printouts need to be handed into the transport office.

The transport company need to keep legally required printouts for 12 months or 2 years if the tachograph data is being used to track drivers hours for the RT(WT)R.

What does “legally required” mean?? The tacho chart if I remember right they made a copy of it at the end of my shift. I decided to keep it as an artefact but then remembered I had to actually keep it by law :grimacing: What if it’s a small company with only 2 drivers (and 3 agency) and there’s no “transport office”, just a forklift guy who loads you and then you go to where the labels on the pallets say?

ETS:

tachograph:

What does “legally required” mean?? The tacho chart if I remember right they made a copy of it at the end of my shift. I decided to keep it as an artefact but then remembered I had to actually keep it by law :grimacing: What if it’s a small company with only 2 drivers (and 3 agency) and there’s no “transport office”, just a forklift guy who loads you and then you go to where the labels on the pallets say?

Legally required = things that are required by law.

Printouts are legally required when your card is lost/faulty and you have to do printouts instead of using a driver card, a printout is legally required if you need to correct a wrongly recorded activity or when you’ve breached the regulations do to unforeseeable circumstances.

If you’ve done a printout to explain why you’ve gone over your driving time when in fact you had opportunities to stop before going over your driving time it’s not a legally required printout and can be trashed.

The fact that the transport company made a copy of the tachograph chart makes no difference any-more than the size of the company does, you’re legally required to hand the chart in within 42 days and they’re legally required to keep it.
Having said that, I have to admit that in years gone by I’ve binned a few charts myself :blush:

tachograph:
Printouts are legally required when your card is lost/faulty and you have to do printouts instead of using a driver card, a printout is legally required if you need to correct a wrongly recorded activity or when you’ve breached the regulations do to unforeseeable circumstances.

If you’ve done a printout to explain why you’ve gone over your driving time when in fact you had opportunities to stop before going over your driving time it’s not a legally required printout and can be trashed.

The fact that the transport company made a copy of the tachograph chart makes no difference any-more than the size of the company does, you’re legally required to hand the chart in within 42 days and they’re legally required to keep it.
Having said that, I have to admit that in years gone by I’ve binned a few charts myself :blush:

Ah I see now, thanks.

Can someone explain to me why when deliberately going over your hours and then take out the disc it always seems to blow out of the window never to be seen again, mostly always when chasing for a ferry before a weekend driving ban ■■? I find that strange!

bloody double posts !! why does this keep happening ■■? :frowning:

raymundo:
Can someone explain to me why when deliberately going over your hours and then take out the disc it always seems to blow out of the window never to be seen again, mostly always when chasing for a ferry before a weekend driving ban ■■? I find that strange!

I remember the days when Loch Ryan looked more like a lily pond :wink: