How Long Before Licence Runs Out Do DVLA Send Renewal Forms?

Good Afternoon All.
I’m just wondering how long in advance of your HGV Licence expiry do DVLA currently send out the renewal packs containing the necessary forms etc.?
My Licence runs out Mid July; but I’m going to be away on holiday for a couple of weeks immediately beforehand. I’m mindful I will need to book a medical and don’t want to be rushing around at the last minute trying to sort it all out.
Thanks in Advance.

The DVLA D4 medical is valid for up to 4 months.
Get the D4 form from some Post Offices (follow link in DVLAS site) or by post, order here:
gov.uk/dvlaforms
and get it done as soon as you like.

No need to wait for them to send the form to you. :smiley:

If you pay more than £60 for a D4 medical then you have been ripped off

Often you can get one for £40 to £50

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 13&t=19955

Got my renewal forms 6 or 7 weeks before expiry date-medical with D4D was £55. DVSA quoting 3 weeks turnaround on receipt of completed forms. Hope this helps- no connection to D4D but always been spot on.

You should receive the renewal pack 56 days before the date of expiry, however mine were about 3 weeks after the expected date. I’d already got my D4 medical sorted so managed to get it all sent off with just over 4 weeks to go, and they say there is a 3 week turnaround, assuming no issues. Here’s hoping…

Thanks for the advice guys. I’ll get the medical sorted before the DVLA send me the renewal docs.