How good is your a/c?

So with this heatwave going on at the moment i was wondering how good or not good is your air conditioning in your wagon.
I’ve been driving a new Actros for the last week so a/c spot on which for me is great as i hate driving with the windows open unless i have to.

I had a 13 plate Actros yesterday and the A/C was adequate. I wouldnt say it was fantastic though. Reckon it needs regassing.

Try not to use it,use windows and sunroof,uses 0.2 % more fuel,when you trying to get back into profitability every little bit helps.

the A/c we got is fantastic. Aftr about 30 mins, we have to turn it off cos the house is tooooo cold :smiley: :smiley:

After 5mins with mine on, I turn in to a ice cube :laughing:

The one in the Axor is pretty good :sunglasses:

The Daf I have has the 290 aircon in it, 2 windows down and 90kph

kitbuilder123:
The Daf I have has the 290 aircon in it, 2 windows down and 90kph

Do you do your wipers with two bits of string as well?

Wipers to scrape the bugs off, rather than water in this weather of course… :slight_smile:

How much does it cost to re-gas a tractor btw? :question:

My cf turns into a fridge, but my car is like an oven i think it might need one of those recharge thingy majigs

merc0447:
My cf turns into a fridge, but my car is like an oven i think it might need one of those recharge thingy majigs

I’ve not used the cars a/c for ages, turned it on today and by god was it nice :sunglasses:

Had mine on all day and its been tip top, loading up for an hour and it was lovely when I got back in to drive home…window open only in emergencies (■■■ breaks) :slight_smile:

The Stralis AC is good but I only use it when outside using the crane + grab, I can at least get into a cool cab and chill down. After a few minutes off it goes and down come the windows until the next job.

My wife has American relatives down in Stark,Florida, hot humid and positively tropical, Uncle Alvin drove his pickup truck with the windows open saying that if you rely on the aircon, then you never get used to the heat, He had never used the AC in any vehicle he owned, none of his family did.

The Volvo is good,nice and chilled,the Hino not so good might try a regas ASAP

no AC for me today, in an old Volvo, i think i’ve lost a few stones…lol

dozy:
Try not to use it,use windows and sunroof,uses 0.2 % more fuel,when you trying to get back into profitability every little bit helps.

Well according to my cpc lesson you use more fuel with the windows down because off the increased drag and poor aerodynamics, I take all off what he says with a pinch off salt though. My scanny aircons pretty good not as good as the car but better then sweating my nuts off.

Works a treat in my scania, but not so great in my pick up, it went for service last month so I’m gonna look to see if the air con is on the check list.

No A/c for me thats just a luxury i dream of…i just drive about with window open, not both as the wind blows your paperwork everwhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I’m a bit of a walley when it comes to this because I like the outdoors and the sunshine so I have my window open and crank the air con up as well, bit of a waste but it all escapes in the end :slight_smile:

My air con blows icy cold but I drive a MAN TGS with two windows each side, two windows at the back and one great big window at the front. I took all the curtains out so it’s like a greenhouse when the sun’s beating down and the air con struggles to keep up.

everyone moans we have a crap summer.

Then when summer comes people use air con and feel cold!!! Madness.

Windows open!! My air con doesn’'t even get turned on!