How fast is your truck?

Mine cruises at 55mph according to the Sat Nav, better than most but I’d like the workshop to winding it up a bit more to 57mph.

No concept of how a limiter is meant to be set then?

Tris:
I’d like the workshop to winding it up a bit more to 57mph.

You’d best ask the boss if they can afford to extra fuel cost /profit loss before they up it

Whats yer hurry? :sunglasses:

Mine was doing 57/58 on the sat nav till a couple of months ago yhen we all got our wings clipped and put down to 54 :unamused: i just sit at 52 now knowing that ive got that 2mph in reserve to pass something if i catch it up

quick enough :grimacing:

Cut down to 53mph

Speedo says 53 but I get overtaken by wagons I know are doing 52.

Limited to 52, speedo reads 53, satnav reads 50 although I rarely take notice of that as it’s usually all over the place.

Tris:
Mine cruises at 55mph according to the Sat Nav, better than most but I’d like the workshop to winding it up a bit more to 57mph.

So you’d save a whole 18 minutes if you did a 9 which wouldn’t really achieve much. Its not going to get you an extra run and if your employer is planning runs so tight you need to find another employer.

On modern trucks I think its only the main dealers who can alter them now.

Radar19:
Speedo says 53 but I get overtaken by wagons I know are doing 52.

How do you know they’re doing 52? And if you were your truck would fail the 2 year tacho calibration as its more than 2% out.

when i go in downhill -my truck can drive about 70 m/h easy :smiley:

I thought there were only three speeds?

Tosco

Normal

Scottish

:laughing:

The one I’m currently allocated does 55mph, I set the Tom cruise at 53mph. The reason being I’m an hourly paid drone & therefore have no wish to drive faster, get there quicker, get back quicker & end up earning less cash. :bulb: Along with tipping on break I consider going faster one of the most foolish things I could do, but each to their own I suppose.

Reef:

Tosco

Normal

Scottish

You missed the superspeed of the irish drivers that fly by on a regular basis :open_mouth:

Dazza1980:

Reef:

Tosco

Normal

Scottish

You missed the superspeed of the irish drivers that fly by on a regular basis :open_mouth:

There’s no such thing as Irish drivers and until you can provide tachograph/digi card evidence proving otherwise your statement is null and void :wink:

BillyHunt:
The one I’m currently allocated does 55mph, I set the Tom cruise at 53mph. The reason being I’m an hourly paid drone & therefore have no wish to drive faster, get there quicker, get back quicker & end up earning less cash. :bulb: Along with tipping on break I consider going faster one of the most foolish things I could do, but each to their own I suppose.

same as me no point rushing 52 is ok with me !
:wink:
plus it gives you more time to keep an eye on whats going on , :wink:

nice to go a bit faster cos if you can get the job done quicker you have more time to relax in the services before getting back to the depot

Used to read 55. but new tyres put it up to 57…[WINKING FACE][WINKING FACE][WINKING FACE]…

This argument which crops up about a few minutes doesn’t make a difference is complete garbage.
A few minutes is the difference between making it home on a night and the difference between making a delivery on time. Also the difference between sleeping in a truck stop or a layby!

And before anyone says ‘‘down to bad planning’’ - ever driven on the M6 on a weekday?..

We are limited to 52, no idea why because when ever we get a hire truck in which does 56 it actually returns better MPG figures than ours lol - also the ‘‘alleged’’ fuel saving which isn’t, is offset by drivers being out in their trucks for longer, extra night out money and late delivery penalties not to mention it just screws the gearboxes up. A modern truck is designed to cruise at 56mph. Thats what it has been mapped and set up to do. Some spotty enviro doo gooder doesn’t know better than the person building the trucks!