How fast is you speed limiter?

My 7.5ton does 55. I see a few foreign artic come past me, but I pass most UK artics.
What’s all your limit set at?

UK drivers seem to be the only one to adhere to limiters, I have often cruised down the M1 at a steady 56 mph only to be aroused from my slumbers by a Scot, Irish or EU truck hurtling to the docks and I am still swaying in their turbulence whilst they are long gone! :unamused:

Trip rate for many of them,hence the limiters get a slight adjustment

I’ll go…

Go first, it’s the time old trick of getting the limiter calibrated on legal but worn tyres. Then putting fresh rubber on the drive and there you have it, 80mph all day. /s

i can see the logic but the reality is very little gain

My limiter is not particularly impressive. If I pass one of them neon speed boards it confirms what my speedo and sat nav tells me and that’s 54mph flat out. Hence I set my cruise at 52mph because I can’t be arsed with elephant racing and am happy to have 99% of the other lorries passing me.

Mine’s on 53, that’s fine and fast enough for me,.and I’m paid by the hour,.so all good.

Will the blue tooth tacho see the end for the K factor cheats :open_mouth:

96.5kph (Legally) Not an artic but got a bend in the middle. :slight_smile:

I would say its set to the scottish 56mph :wink:

Colin_scottish:

Yes, some of them almost keep up. As well as some of those fellas with an orange stripe on the flag ? :laughing:

National Express can be a bit of a challenge sometimes too.

manski:

Colin_scottish:

Yes, some of them almost keep up. As well as some of those fellas with an orange stripe on the flag ? :laughing:

National Express can be a bit of a challenge sometimes too.

Well as they say work to be done.

yourhavingalarf:
I’ll go…

Go first, it’s the time old trick of getting the limiter calibrated on legal but worn tyres. Then putting fresh rubber on the drive and there you have it, 80mph all day. /s

i can see the logic but the reality is very little gain

You’ll not get anywhere near 80 doing that, 1 mph max. Your best bet if your already running 315’s on the drive is to swap them for calibration to bald re-cut 295’s and hope the guy doing it doesn’t notice, then put the 315’s back on after and that’ll give you about 4 mph 5 if you put rereads on. Other than that there’s still a few friendly taco guys about that aren’t jobsworths, they’ll give it a bit more for a fee. Easiest one though if your in a scania there’s loads of people with the computers that can set the limiter to whatever you want, just get the overspeeds. Mine runs a very generous 56 :laughing:

Dunno what the Lad in the Volvo with the coil carrier trailer on was set at yesterday morning on A1 northbound near Wetherby but I want his,He past me and several others in the fast lane like I was stood still and mines 56 mph :smiley:

I’m calling…

It… WOOSH!

52, but I set it at 51, or 50 sometimes. On the rare occasions I overtake anything, if they’re going at 50.99999 mph then I increase mine to 52 which gets me past in timely fashion. The improvement to my driving experience since I began setting cruise a click or two under the limiter can’t be emphasised enough.

If it’s set above 56 mph then that puts it in the frame for a nick for any speed camera set at 50 + 10% + 2% at least.

88 mph. It’s the only way to get the jobs done in time.

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Mine says 56mph or 90kmh exactly on the odometer, but measured on GPS it’s 55mph.

lewn777:
Mine says 56mph or 90kmh exactly on the odometer, but measured on GPS it’s 55mph.

Mine says the same and I still have plenty of artics flying past me!!!

Set at 56, on new tyres its doing 57 (fortunate recalibration timing), half worn currently 56 be down to 55 by the time they need swapping out again.

Generally run at 54, detest being stuck behind Maritime and leaves me a couple mph to pass when necessary.