How far would you commute?

Thank you so much guys. Every post has helped me make up my mind and I’ve reached a decision… I’m turning it down and sticking to my current job for the moment and like some of you have said keep looking closer to home

Or move from the exciting metropolis that is Bradford…tough, I know…! :slight_smile:

raymundo:
580 mile each way once a fortnight …

Fly you daft bugger! Just stay away from the window seats and keep your belt on!

TiredAndEmotional:

raymundo:
580 mile each way once a fortnight …

Fly you daft bugger! Just stay away from the window seats and keep your belt on!

Why is it in aircraft that whem you’re allowed to un-buckle so many see it as an obligation to do so? Wearing one for hours in car or truck isn’t so bad is it? So why not leave the silly little inoffensive lap ■■■■■■■■?
And why do some seem to think the drinks trolleys contain ONLY booze? It’s not even duty free and cheap on Eu flights.
I feel a rant coming on, so I’ll leave that there.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais…i agree with some of that a small can of lager is £3…so equals £12 for two big ones…way over priced in my opinion, but maybe its that price for a reason…but some flyers dont care do they.

I know you’ve made your decision already. I wouldn’t commute longer than 1.5 hour one way 2 if that’s on some rare occasion, this for an agency work, for permanent I would be very cautious to take anything with more than 1 hour commute one way, unless they pay some extraordinary money. For tramping it could be different.

I was traveling from basildon the colchester 3/-4 days a week by car and motorbike as i worked in a spa (massage) I got sick of the hour ish travel and the amount in fuel I spent for £7.20 at the time and working my arse off. Now I won’t travel further than grays/tilbury and maybe romford depending on the wage.

By the way, some people have advised to find some weekend agency work, from my experience ( but that’s for class 2 not 1 )it’s much more difficult to find weekend work than full time and I can’t work weekdays as I have full-time job.
As I understand class 1 should be easier as there is more demand…I’ve passed my test in October.

Not sure how long ago you applied but Stobart have just posted another advert for drivers in Sherburn.
Keedwells in Hensall currently have a job advert up.
Downtons and Turners currently looking in Leeds.
All of those companies willingly take on newbies.