How far to take training

I have the perhaps the slightly unique opportunity do a lot of my training in one go. I have sought out a recommended training school to do both C & C+E back-to-back. Theory test booked for 11th Feb then, providing I pass that, things should be straight forward. I have been considering also completing a full ADR course after my CPC. My question is; is it worth doing the ADR course straight away as a newly qualified driver or would it perhaps be better to wait? It seems a lot of firms prefer some general driving experience before letting drivers loose with toxic cows milk! which seems reasonable. Would I be wasting money and time completing ADR straight after CPC? Thanks for your time. James

jonesy1985:
I have the perhaps the slightly unique opportunity do a lot of my training in one go. I have sought out a recommended training school to do both C & C+E back-to-back. Theory test booked for 11th Feb then, providing I pass that, things should be straight forward. I have been considering also completing a full ADR course after my CPC. My question is; is it worth doing the ADR course straight away as a newly qualified driver or would it perhaps be better to wait? It seems a lot of firms prefer some general driving experience before letting drivers loose with toxic cows milk! which seems reasonable. Would I be wasting money and time completing ADR straight after CPC? Thanks for your time. James

i personally would wait until your cpc need renewing in 5 years and do the adr course towards your cpc you are very unlikely to get much adr work before 5 years anyway

jonesy1985:
I have sought out a recommended training school to do both C & C+E back-to-back

That concerns me - have they already booked you in for C+E or are they going to wait until you pass C, wait for your licence to be returned from DVLA and then book C+E?

If you need initial driver cpc modules 2 and 4 and then do an ADR dcpc approved course for 21 hours then that s fine

If you do not need initial dcpc then you can get the 21 hours from a dcpc approved ADR course at any time

thanks jameskent…my gut is telling me to wait on this so I think maybe I will

Rog…thanks for your concern, only been on this site from today and I am reading a lot of material you have provided on here…thanks so much, really useful stuff. Basically the training school want the business, so they offered me a price to do a back-to-back course with them, but they have NOT booked test dates. They will wait until i pass theory etc etc.

Which company ? , there’s no such thing as back to back

The concern is justified. “Back to back” exists only in the marketing department of training brokers. But there needn’t be a huge delay between C and CE. We allow 4 weeks for the return of the licence from Swansea following the C pass. Very often that’s perfectly comfortable. Odd times, it’s only just enough time.

Make sure you visit the trainer before you book; the only exception should be booking on rock solid recommendation.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Taunton Training Centre…don’t take back-to-back literally. It simply infers that if I do both my C training (and pass!) I can then do my C+E training for a reduced price as opposed to purchasing the two training schemes separately. Of course this does put pressure on me to pass first time, but I thrive on challenges…and saving some cash!!

Was just concerned as back to back is usually brokers sales talk :smiley:

jonesy1985:
Taunton Training Centre…don’t take back-to-back literally. It simply infers that if I do both my C training (and pass!) I can then do my C+E training for a reduced price as opposed to purchasing the two training schemes separately. Of course this does put pressure on me to pass first time, but I thrive on challenges…and saving some cash!!

Concerns put to rest :smiley:

Yes, I have read some horror stories about brokers taking people’s money and then letting them down…I re-call some guy doing some time because he got a bit to upset at some brooker in Tottenham Court Road some years ago. But…to get back on topic…some more advice about whether to complete ADR NOW or NOT…1 for NOT at the moment…If you think no ADR work will come inside 1 year of qualifying then I will leave it…thanks again folks