How far do you/would you travel to work?

About 2 miles, but it has been upto 35 miles. then I expect running costs for that sort of distance.

It counts towards driving hours if you are going to a base other than your permanent base.

I have travelled a 40mile roundtrip BUT now its only 18miles.

At the moment I travel about 8 miles, but before that I was doing 75 miles to work when I first started at DHL.

Next week I will be probably deciding on a new job which will mean 120 miles every 3 weeks :stuck_out_tongue:

About 3 seconds as the truck is parked on the drive next to my house :wink:
it was even parked there while I went on holiday for two weeks to Italy last year.

But,before I moved to Belgium I lived in Felixstowe and worked for a Dutch firm and then a Swedish firm,but still had the truck at home.
If it’s a decent job that you enjoy doing for good money then it has to be worth the travelling.

How far do you travel to work?
Not working at the moment.

How far would you travel to work?
As said above you have to weigh the pros &cons
up and it depends on the job.

Does the travelling time to and from work count towards your driving time?
I would be guessing that driving to work doesn’t count towards your driving time.

I travel 63 miles from Worthing to Southampton on a Monday and back again 63 miles on a Friday. :frowning:
If i counted this as driving time 9 times out of 10 I would nt get home on a Friday night,so obviously I dont.
I would nt normally travel this far to work,but I love pulling containers and I work for a half decent firm,got my own truck,usually 4 nights out a week.
Moneys not too bad,could be better :wink: :wink:

jammymutt:
15 miles each way i go to work at about 4/6 pm every night it takes about 25 minutes to get their but coming home at about 1/2/3 am it can take as little as 10 minutes.

I take it you don’t stick to the speed limit coming home then :wink:

I’d consider working overseas once finningley international opens.
it’d be great in ireland.

99p out, work a week, £15 back.
probably end up driving in blighty as well :smiley:

currently travel a 40 mile round trip to get to work and back …
but with moving jobs that will be down to an 8 mile round trip :laughing: