How far do you go?

As muckaway started a thread about truck fest I thought I would ask people how far they go with their trucks? Do you buy bling such as light bars and frilly curtains? Do you wash it on a Friday? Polish tanks wheels etc.

I wash it down twice a year, whether it needs it or not. :wink:

Gets washed as often as I can which is normally every day. Inside is swept and dusted every day. Cab and tank polished if I’m stuck somewhere waiting to get tipped or loaded. I’ve bought a couple of stickers for it and I inherited a frilly window pelmit from another driver. That’s about all I do.

What Damoq said +1 although with this missus been a cowbag all weekend I did got in on Good Friday (my day off ) to clean the inside

No bling then? Haha

I wash it once a week brush it out often and buy an air freshener every now and then, I keep it tidy and looking clean but no bling as its not my truck its the firms :wink:

Clean and tidy, washed once or twice a week, usually end up on a different motor every time I wash it. I inherited it as the nicest wagon on the yard, it used to have a dreamcatcher, as well as the swirly stickers on the side windows. Has to smell nice, and I can’t stand filth.

Somehow we managed to drive at 80mph+ with only two/four headlights years ago without the slightest problem, why do we now need 22 spotlights to travel at 55mph? never quite fathomed that one out…maybe if they took the ray bans off they wouldn’t need 27 billion lumens searing the night, or the retinas of the poor bugger trying to overtake.

No tacky stuff, i keep the lorry well which means not only keeping it clean, but driving it properly too for a long economical and reliable life.
Wheels spotless, and i can tell how its been driven when i’m off shift by the volume of brake dust, unbelievable how hard some of the nobs are on brakes.
Windows and mirrors spotlessly clean, as is the chassis and thats partly so as the mechanics enjoy working on it and any little jobs they are happy to do as a result, but also for silly pride, kept clean it takes minutes only to keep it that way.

Juddian:
Somehow we managed to drive at 80mph+ with only two/four headlights years ago without the slightest problem, why do we now need 22 spotlights to travel at 55mph? never quite fathomed that one out…maybe if they took the ray bans off they wouldn’t need 27 billion lumens searing the night, or the retinas of the poor bugger trying to overtake.

No tacky stuff, i keep the lorry well which means not only keeping it clean, but driving it properly too for a long economical and reliable life.
Wheels spotless, and i can tell how its been driven when i’m off shift by the volume of brake dust, unbelievable how hard some of the nobs are on brakes.
Windows and mirrors spotlessly clean, as is the chassis and thats partly so as the mechanics enjoy working on it and any little jobs they are happy to do as a result, but also for silly pride, kept clean it takes minutes only to keep it that way.

I like it.

Windows mirrors and lights every night wash once a week but as we only have a cold water hose in our yard and no detergent brushes or other equipment it’s not truckfest standard.

I don’t bother, they aren’t my trucks+I’m not paid enough to worry about all that sort of bs…

Nameplate in the windscreen and an Oxfordshire flag on the cab wall. No washing it’s done by the other drivers at weekends (washing lorries isn’t my idea of a nice weekend, despite the overtime). My record was 18 months without washing a lorry.
I keep the load bed swept out as bits of pallets don’t agree with pumptruck wheels and keep a stash of empty flour sacks for use as waste sacks. I wont allow smoking in my cab, which has upset a couple of agency mates who think because other drivers let them, they think I should inhale their smoke and stink my house out when I go home.

I go as far as keeping the cab clean and then if I have time when I’m back at the yard I’ll give it a wash but it hasn’t been looked after by its previous driver(s) so there’s not much point in me being too fussy. But if I’m ever given a clean and well looked after lorry I will do my utmost to keep it that way.
As for buying unnessesery expensive accessories I take the same view as others have said. I do like nicely done up lorries but unless it was owned by me I can’t see why anyone would want to spend their wages on expensive lightsbars etc. my boss has light bars on most of his lorries anyway that he payed for and that’s the way it should be imo.

I wash mine twice a week an clean inside once a day with polish

I also leave my boots on the top step which helps keep inside clean

work with guys not my truck so I don’t clean it fair enough but do you live in it all week :question: is you house paid for car etc if its not there not your yet either but guess most folk clean them and add stuff to the house they live in and yes am a cab polishing bst frilly curtains polished tanks and wheels but am luck boss pays for all my stuff but would draw the line at doing at on my days off but each to there own some trucks in our place I wont even go in its a personal pride thing

Never really been a fan of tat but each to their own.
If it comes with a load of junk on it, off it comes and gets
given back to the driver or donated to the garage.

I would never spend my own money on something to make a truck that I didn’t own look nice. I will spend money on CB’s, the twigs that they need, a TV and fridge that I need, all that are removable if I change trucks or jobs. My company pay for my truck to go through a truck wash twice a month.

I try to wash mine once a week but that’s not always possible but the inside is kept spotless, I sweep and polish it every night before I pull my card. It takes 5 mins tops to keep on top of it. As for the shiny bits if the gaffer was to put them on I’d look after them but there’s no way I’m paying for them. Everything is removable in mins.

Truck gets washed once a week. Inside gets cleaned most days that’s bout it

From the replies on this thread it does seem like only a few people actually buy ‘bling’