How do you keep a track on what driving hours and RTD hours

Just wondering how people keep a track on what hours they’ve drove and whats RTD hours they’ve done on and anouloge tacho.

Cheers
Matt

I keep a dairy of working & driving time add up end of week

in the downloadable vosa rules and regs is an example of weekly work log , i print off copies of those for the week and just fill in if do any hgv work that week keep 28 days worth then if stopped can show my working hrs for hgv and non hgv work ,
jx

dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/R … Europe.pdf

its on page 49

…or get Trucker Timer app on your phone.

oakeedokee:

emmmmm eeeemmm yep right ok whatever :laughing: :laughing:

My phone can send & receive calls & text messages dont want it to do much more

animal:

I really feel sorry for the people that technology left behind. It’s 2012 not 1993.

I rarely do more than six hours driving in a shift, so I don’t bother keeping a track of my hours. Most of my working day is spent on the bunk.

I hope this helps.

SmashedCrabFace:

animal:

I really feel sorry for the people that technology left behind. It’s 2012 not 1993.

I rarely do more than six hours driving in a shift, so I don’t bother keeping a track of my hours. Most of my working day is spent on the bunk.

I hope this helps.

Sorry to disappoint but technology has not left me behind t all just don want the phone to do more than that thanks dont need it to do more

If it has left me behind then how do I have a mac lappy which I like have used windows then went quite easy to mac

SmashedCrabFace:

I hope this helps.

Is it you that said you go into Fradley Park ?

Not me, you’ve got the wrong man.

I hope this helps.

The digi tacho. It records all your drive-time and active work (as well as break and POA) automatically. So all you need to do to see your times is scroll through the interface. If you want a copy to keep for yourself then just print it out and the times are itemised and even totalled up for you at the bottom of the print out.

If I get hit with an analogue tacho, then use the the stopwatch on my phone. Only drawback with using a stopwatch is you need to have two timers running. One for driving, and one for overall work. The driving one you stop and start it whenever you have stopped at a drop or somewhere for over a minute. The work timer you keep running at all times, and only stop it when you have switched to POA or break.

Can be a right pain in the arse always having to remember to start and stop timers all the time, especially on a stressful day with many stops/other things to worry about it’s the last thing you need. But that’s the EU for you… always there to make your job that little bit harder :imp:

Greerie:
Just wondering how people keep a track on what hours they’ve drove and whats RTD hours they’ve done on and anouloge tacho.

Cheers
Matt

I keep a diary and used to use one of those Big Time kitchen count down timers.
I keep a record of
Start Time,
Arrival Time at a stop and driving time elapsed,
Leaving Time,
Arrival Time at a Rest and driving time elapsed,
Finishing Time.
etc.
I also underline my 45 minutes total break with a large Z so it stands out.

SmashedCrabFace:

animal:

I really feel sorry for the people that technology left behind. It’s 2012 not 1972.

I hope this helps.

There fixed for you :laughing:

animal:

oakeedokee:

I don’t understand your flippant reply to my answer. Trucker Timer is a great little app that helps you keep track of driving hours. I was trying to help the guy as he asked the question. You do know what an app is I presume? :unamused:

oakeedokee:

animal:

oakeedokee:

I don’t understand your flippant reply to my answer. Trucker Timer is a great little app that helps you keep track of driving hours. I was trying to help the guy as he asked the question. You do know what an app is I presume? :unamused:

I do know what an app is just dont have a phone that supports them have an old nokia that is black & white screen which is very robust tbh not like a lot of these smartphones

I am not that far behind in times just dont have & dont want a new phone thanks

SmashedCrabFace:
Not me, you’ve got the wrong man.

I hope this helps.

thats okay just sounds like a typical night at fradley park lol