How do you get a class 1 back after a ban

As above how do you get back a class 1 hgv licence after a ban (And yes it was for DD) If at all possible.
If its not how do you get a 7.5 tonne licence back as I no only have a 3.5 tonne licence…
I passed HGV 1 in 1990 and got disqualified in 2001 , do I have to redo a test or is that the end of me trucking days…Any honest comments welcome Thanks…

Welcome to TruckNet UK grumbo

I’m not 100% sure about this but as far as I’m aware you need to apply to your local traffic commissioner for the license to be reinstated, but be prepared to be required to go in front of the TC to explain why your vocational license categories should be reinstated.

As far as I’m aware there’s nothing to stop you getting the license categories back but getting a driving job on HGVs may be another matter whilst the offence is still on your license.

Good luck :wink:

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome grumbo :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
I’ve just come off the phone to DVLA tel 01792 782 341

Normal practice is to return the licence after a ban with only cat B on it

To get the other catagories back you need form D2
ORDER FORMS ONLINE - SELECT D2

Then they will usually have you do a medical which is form D4

Download the 8 page D4 Medical Form Using this Link Please print (colour, not black & white) and take to your GP or visit driversmedicals.com who can provide low-cost medical examinations.
THIS LINK will take you to a list of some cheap medical places around the UK.

ROG:

To get the other catagories back you need form D2 and then they will usually have you do a medical which is form D4

At least there will be no more jobcuts at DVLA as Rog keeps them all very busy with his hotline :laughing:

tachograph:
Welcome to TruckNet UK grumbo

I’m not 100% sure about this but as far as I’m aware you need to apply to your local traffic commissioner for the license to be reinstated, but be prepared to be required to go in front of the TC to explain why your vocational license categories should be reinstated.

As far as I’m aware there’s nothing to stop you getting the license categories back but getting a driving job on HGVs may be another matter whilst the offence is still on your license.

Good luck :wink:

Thanks very much for the reply , I didnt expect any, but it rearly is a mine field out there trying to get simple answers , this is my first hurdle let alone cpc…Thanks again Phil

ROG:

To get the other catagories back you need form D2
ORDER FORMS ONLINE - SELECT D2

Then they will usually have you do a medical which is form D4

Download the 8 page D4 Medical Form Using this Link Please print (colour, not black & white) and take to your GP or visit driversmedicals.com who can provide low-cost medical examinations.
THIS LINK will take you to a list of some cheap medical places around the UK.

Thanks very much , I’ve downloaded the forms and i’ll give it a go…If Im successful I will be booking some refresher courses on absolutely every thing… As to me an HGV is Heaven …Thanks Phil

Try some of your small local outfits.

Good luck.