How do you attach it?

Hiya

Well, I’ve got a GPS and a RAM suction mount for it to stick it to the truck screen (MANs or Ivecos).

That’s all well and good, it does the job fine but it doesn’t stick when the windscreen is cold and it does sometimes move.

Having a scout around I spotted this on PocketGPS’ site…

pocketgps.co.uk/alex-dixon.php

Alas only photos… But there are other ideas there…

From what I’ve read here you have GPS/SatNav but you don’t say how you mount/ hold/ stick it in there…

Cheers :wink:

Happy New Year

Well. An update.

I ended up going for the RAM attachment.

gpsw.co.uk/details/prod1944.html

However, it lasted a mere 6 months before the “Twist Lock” failed. Basically as it’s build out of plastic with a metal pin of metal to grind against it when it twists, it’s worn the plastic away. So where I wouldn’t have to twist it far to get it to start suctioning to the windscreen I know find it goes 90% the way around before it even starts to stick, and then it drops off.

I’ve bought another but I doubt this will be used in the trucks. I think I’ll make up a bracket that I can “hook” over the dash in front of me and a bracket to then hold the GPS and perhaps the mobile and PDA, it depends. Either way, home-made time :frowning:

It is a bit annoying, but then for a £15 american product I should have expected it.

There are other options as well, and one is that big clamp that glaziers use to hole windows up when manouvering into place…

We’ll see!

Cheers :wink: