How do they stay in business?

check this website out. how the [zb] do they make it pay?
they should be shut down for doing work for these rates.
skhaulage.net/SK_files/frame.htm

there is only one decent rate, and probably a misprint, and that’s the dublin rate.

Aberdeen 1500
Barcelona 1550 :confused:

Even allowing for the cheaper fuel then surely that can’t be right?

These prices are from…
You can see where they have backloads, Dublin seem to be unpopulair fro backload.
What you call a “full load” is for them probaly 200 parcels on top after the full load.
There is a lot more to pricing than only what the eye meet.
Sometimes it only need to pay for the “cost” to get your truck there.

Dublin probably that rate due to the much higher cost of the sea crossing.

Glasgow and Munich the same price bar 3 quid.?

It doesn’t work with Firefox or Opera

Example Full Load Rates:-
Istanbul, Turkey- £2800
Moscow, Russia - £2900
Gothenburg, Sweden - £1300
Stockholm, Sweden - £1600
Osijek, Croatia - £1950
Warsaw, Poland - £ 1350
Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria - £ 3000

It appears they may need a new road atlas, as Bulgaria is generally closer and easier than Moscow

It may be cheaper to send your load to Osijek and get a local to run it through the Balkans :stuck_out_tongue:

caledoniandream:
These prices are from…
You can see where they have backloads, Dublin seem to be unpopulair fro backload.
What you call a “full load” is for them probaly 200 parcels on top after the full load.

I see your point but their geography seems to let them down slightly, and every freight forwarder from Ankara to Gdansk will be on the phone on Monday morning with a discounted rate.

I imagine those rates are lifted straight from LKW Walter’s website :stuck_out_tongue:

Kepstowe used to charge £3500 for a full load to Moscow in 1994. :open_mouth:

Wheel Nut:

caledoniandream:
These prices are from…

I see your point but their geography seems to let them down slightly, and every freight forwarder from Ankara to Gdansk will be on the phone on Monday morning with a discounted rate.

I imagine those rates are lifted straight from LKW Walter’s website :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably or Kralowetz :grimacing:

But it’s not always black and White.
We use to transport and import for that fact Methionine from South of France and Spain (near Pamplona), and many a times we would run empty to there from Holland or Belgium.
The price was that good that, we didn’t need to make money on the way down, anything we made on the way to there was pure profit, so it’s difficult to assume that somebodies prices are a raw deal, while he is rubbing his hands together.

A mate of me runs his trucks empty back from Germany, because he lose to much time with back loads, and saves money and time to get the following load of Fruit and veg back to Germany ASAP.
His customer pays that bit extra, and doesn’t allow him to sub anything out, so if he need to bother with back-loads, he need to buy more equipment.

Seen what the rates of pay are ? :unamused:

They don’t call them Skint and Knackered for nothing :laughing:

caledoniandream:

Wheel Nut:

caledoniandream:
These prices are from…

Probably or Kralowetz :grimacing:

But it’s not always black and White.
We use to transport and import for that fact Methionine from South of France and Spain (near Pamplona), and many a times we would run empty to there from Holland or Belgium.
The price was that good that, we didn’t need to make money on the way down, anything we made on the way to there was pure profit, so it’s difficult to assume that somebodies prices are a raw deal, while he is rubbing his hands together.

I understand that, we did a similar thing ourselves, the rate from Hull to Slough was more than enough to come back empty, and we could get back to load for Slough again, it worked well until we got stuck behind a bloody foreigner tipping cold glucose in Liverpool Road :laughing: Our other rates around the midlands were priced to allow us to get back home or down to Poplar or Erith depending on how busy the oil mills were that week.