How do i use a fuel card?

Got a bp plus card with the wagon reg on it and with a “code”

What am i supposed to do at the services?

Usually you just take it in and hand it to the cashier and/or put it in the machine like a credit card.

They will normally ask you your reg number and current mileage, so memorise it before going in to avoid having to make another trip :wink:

Most places won’t let you fuel until they have had your card off you so take it in before attempting to fuel up.

Thanks people, that helped, especially the bit about the mileage :slight_smile:

on a separate note, in case i have a BP card does it mean i can use only BP station?

Priest:
Thanks people, that helped, especially the bit about the mileage :slight_smile:

on a separate note, in case i have a BP card does it mean i can use only BP station?

Yes.

Priest:
Got a bp plus card with the wagon reg on it and with a “code”

What am i supposed to do at the services?

BP is all we use at our place, and unless your on nights and use the HGV pumps you don’t have to hand your card in. If its days or at night and you use the norm pumps you can just fill up, go in say pump NO. then put your card into the card reader with the the black strip face UP* and the little shiny square closest towards you, then it will ask you to take your card, then they ask for your reg, as you say its on your card, then it will ask for the pin (the code you were given) and then it will ask for the trucks M’s or K’s what ever your truck is in. then that’s it.

But the guys at the petrol station will know what to do so they will always tell you what to do :slight_smile:

xichrisxi:
Most places won’t let you fuel until they have had your card off you so take it in before attempting to fuel up.

Unless they know the company. Or some places are just lax.

htmldude:

xichrisxi:

True,we have in site pumps so rarely have to use anywhere but when our pumps are down we do…I went Stafford services put £500 worth of fuel in and I was given the wrong pin so blocked the card and had no means of payment (wasn’t gonna use my own card as you have to wait a month for expenses claims)…that was fun :smiley:

I always hand card in first, we only swapped to BP recently, and I spent ages at Clacket Lane wondering why I wasn’t being given any fuel at the HGV pumps before another driver told me BP needed them handed in first.

cheers everyone

TheMissus:
I always hand card in first, we only swapped to BP recently, and I spent ages at Clacket Lane wondering why I wasn’t being given any fuel at the HGV pumps before another driver told me BP needed them handed in first.

The requirement to hand in (or at least show) the card before filling up has nothing to do with BP - It’s totally down to the site operator.

Yes some places where they know the firm will let you fill up without handing it over first…

The code mate is because a FEW places you can fill up may be 100% automated (No attendant or booth), hence a pin is required along with allocating the pump you want to use…

Can’t believe you haven’t fueled up until now! :open_mouth:
But you are only doing the odd shift…

Crack on drive! :smiley:

Roymondo:

TheMissus:

The requirement to hand in (or at least show) the card before filling up has nothing to do with BP - It’s totally down to the site operator.

When I worked at Service Station we had that policy and it was just to make sure we accepted your Fuel Card as only accepted the main providers like UKFuel,Key Fuel, BP Fuel, Shell/Texaco Fuel and etc but we never accepted FuelGenie Cards coz party they have bad payment terms for petrol stations which our franchise never wanted to accept them.

Evil8Beezle:
Can’t believe you haven’t fueled up until now! :open_mouth:
But you are only doing the odd shift…
D

been fuelling onsite :unamused: :sunglasses: :grimacing:

By the looks of things, there are quite a few BP stations around and you can use Gulf and Texaco stations too. I hope there are a lot of Gulf and Texaco’s in Cornwall as the map (with HGV suitable on the left) shows 4 stations down there!

bpplusmaps.bp.com/?countrycode=U … arty=false

Btw, don’t worry about getting the mileage exact as it’s simply reported back to the company to keep track of fuel economy. Can be fun to confuse them every so often with random mileages.

Depends on the card - BP Plus cards can be used at e.g. Texaco filling stations but BP Plus Bunker cards can only be used at BP stations.

If you are agency, don’t bother.

Leave it on fumes like other limping bellends do.

xichrisxi:

htmldude:

xichrisxi:

True,we have in site pumps so rarely have to use anywhere but when our pumps are down we do…I went Stafford services put £500 worth of fuel in and I was given the wrong pin so blocked the card and had no means of payment (wasn’t gonna use my own card as you have to wait a month for expenses claims)…that was fun :smiley:

I’ve done the same, given the wrong pin and speccy behind the counter took great glee in telling me I had one more go before it would be blocked. I got him to do it manually (needed to phone Shell and his gaffer for permission and ran out of minutes, oh dear how sad never mind). They take a sort of print of the card and you sign a couple of bits. Never heard anything more.

At the end of the day the diesel is in your tanks, what they going to do, sook it back out? :laughing:

A.

Adonis.:

xichrisxi:

htmldude:

xichrisxi:

I’ve done the same, given the wrong pin and speccy behind the counter took great glee in telling me I had one more go before it would be blocked. I got him to do it manually (needed to phone Shell and his gaffer for permission and ran out of minutes, oh dear how sad never mind). They take a sort of print of the card and you sign a couple of bits. Never heard anything more.

At the end of the day the diesel is in your tanks, what they going to do, sook it back out? :laughing:

A.

Immobilise your vehicle, refuse to allow you to exist the service station as you not paid for the fuel and leaving forecourt would be theft and police go on hunt for you! :smiley: Funny how somebody finds money to pay the fuel bill when there truck or van is not moving lol :smiley:, most time they just get some details about yourself and company so they can send the invoice to you for payment depending how much it is.

Just remember using a BP you could also order a coffee from wild bean coffee! Every excuse now just to refill and get a yourself refilled!

eagerbeaver:
If you are agency, don’t bother.

Leave it on fumes like other limping bellends do.

Haha I cant stop laughing beaver, but you are completely right!