How do I Reverse A Trailer

How the ■■■■ do you reverse a wag and drag with a turntable trailer?
I cant even reverse them in a straight line. :blush:

Can’t help you unfortunately, the question may get more answers (and sarcasm) in the main forum.

I know how hard it must be, I drove w&d with an a frame drag, they have 2 points of articulation and are a ■■■■■ to line up, but you always get there in the end, it’s just practice and taking your time :slight_smile:

What I’ve gathered so far is : go slow, don’t be afraid to shunt to straighten and try to ignore the prime mover you are just using that to put the trailer where you want.
Messing with my head though artics are just so much easier; its fantastic going forward though.
I’ll master it though. :grimacing:

Used to drive one years ago. From memory, I used to think of the main rigid body in the same way as an artic unit and like you say, go slow and make minor adjustments till you get used to it.

The class 1 job at tuffnells with that a frame was for suckers. Take the wagon and drag to Derbyshire, drop the drag at a company, do 40+ drops in an 18t then collect the drag and head back. It’s the only time I ever heard of a class 1 driver doing 40-50 multi drop!

I wonder why they can’t get drivers?

jbaz73:
The class 1 job at tuffnells with that a frame was for suckers. Take the wagon and drag to Derbyshire, drop the drag at a company, do 40+ drops in an 18t then collect the drag and head back. It’s the only time I ever heard of a class 1 driver doing 40-50 multi drop!

I wonder why they can’t get drivers?

True but it’s experience, I wanted to go on containers as its easier but didn’t want to go agency and all the local firms either had a waiting list for new drivers or paid peanuts.

adam277:
How the [zb] do you reverse a wag and drag with a turntable trailer?

This thread may help you a little.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148082

bald bloke:

adam277:
How the [zb] do you reverse a wag and drag with a turntable trailer?

This thread may help you a little.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148082

Thanks,
I was looking into paying for reversing training on them but I doubt any school uses A-frames. Pretty sure PSTT is drawbar.