How close you are!

Looking at one of the topics here made me just realise how close some of you live to eachother, Mansfield - Newark on Trent - Nottingham -Leicestershire etc and it got me thinking ‘Why are these guys not sitting in a pub chatting ?’
If I lived that close to someone else on trucknet i would have to get together now and then. The nearest member to me is James from Kinderhook who I think has now moved south, Kinderhook is about 90 miles away. I have no doubt that anyone within a 60 mile radius would no doubt get together for a pint now and then.
Just shows the difference in the vastness of the two countries.
When I lived there I would only consider driving to Northampton (8 miles away) once a week, Granville town is 8 miles from my house but I sometimes do the trip several times in one day.

Try and drive from Towcester to Northampton this weekend,Pat, it will be bloomin’ murder!!! :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Dan.

OkPatsounds good to me how about we get together some time for a beer guys?. Newark sounds pretty central and it means i can have a couple if you all travel over here:).

On a more serious note i think Pat is right anyone fancy a beer sometime?.

Yep, wouldn’t mind doing that myself :wink: .

Sounds good to me but can we choose a pub that serves coffee? :wink: :smiley:

We probably have nothing in common :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the reason we use this new fangled t’internet thingy is precisely why no one goes out any longer. The pubs round about are dead after about 6 or 7 pm.

If it is decent weather I will go out for a blast on my bike, but we haven’t had summer yet!

If we have I must have missed it :slight_smile:

liberace, i`m not going if your wearing that suit :laughing: . downright dangerous in mansfield :open_mouth: :wink:

Only in Mansfield■■? :wink: :sunglasses:

We are working on a trucknet club on the Dover, Calais crossing. :laughing:

Dan a.k.a Boo:
Try and drive from Towcester to Northampton this weekend,Pat, it will be bloomin’ murder!!! :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Dan.

You don’t have to tell me that :laughing: I put up with it for years, beer went up by 50% that week but you could rent out your couch to a German fan for 500 quid a night :laughing:
I was just watching the race and saw Minardi had both cars out, I told Kate that it was deliberate so that they could go home now and beat the traffic :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: