How Close Has It Come

Condolences to all the people who lost family but how close has it come to you

Mother-in-law’s work colleague in a coma on a ventilator in a bad way. No underlying conditions.
Work colleagues wife - she’s over it. Low immunity issues
Friend who has 2 little kids under 4 is slowly going downhill. No underlying issues and under 40.

Shows it’s close to us and doesn’t matter what age or condition you are in, it’s worth protecting yourself.

Bigtruck3:

.WTF has it got to do with you FFS ■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Bit morbid aren’t you ? You are actually asking people to post on here their experiences of this virus
and how it has affected them !! Give me a break!! :unamused:
and no offence Rich, but there’s enough doom and gloom on the TV without bringing it on here

What was your other thread Bigtruck ■■

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=164674

A real bundle of joy :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Any other first three months of the year - a lot of us could expect to lose frail and/or elderly relatives in the very damp and mild winter we’ve just had…
Bronchitus, Pneumonia, and Bronchial-Pneumonia - took two of my grandparents away in their 80’s.
We didn’t call it “Coronavirus” back then…
We called it “Natural Causes after a germful mild winter”…

I remember us not being very chuffed with the so-called Hospital Care standard either… Bed Sores were common, and Matron was already gone by this point, having been replaced by “Nursing Officers” who used to sit in the day room and make the entire night shift a nice long smoke break… My Mum chucked her job in as an auxillary nurse in this toxic environment… Staff nurses ended up doing all the dirty work, Ward Sisters were frequently off sick, and SENs were leaving in droves to work for private hospitals.

I’m wondering if the NHS is about to get a kick up the backside it’ll never forget - the Coronavirus merely a “Cover Story”, true in that it does actually exist, but false in the exaggerated extent of it.

If I’m wrong - there will be over a million people in this country die of it in April.

Please don’t slag me off for having this opinion - unless and until I’m proven wrong however. :exclamation:

Winseer:
Any other first three months of the year - a lot of us could expect to lose frail and/or elderly relatives in the very damp and mild winter we’ve just had…
Bronchitus, Pneumonia, and Bronchial-Pneumonia - took two of my grandparents away in their 80’s.
We didn’t call it “Coronavirus” back then…
We called it “Natural Causes after a germful mild winter”…

I remember us not being very chuffed with the so-called Hospital Care standard either… Bed Sores were common, and Matron was already gone by this point, having been replaced by “Nursing Officers” who used to sit in the day room and make the entire night shift a nice long smoke break… My Mum chucked her job in as an auxillary nurse in this toxic environment… Staff nurses ended up doing all the dirty work, Ward Sisters were frequently off sick, and SENs were leaving in droves to work for private hospitals.

I’m wondering if the NHS is about to get a kick up the backside it’ll never forget - the Coronavirus merely a “Cover Story”, true in that it does actually exist, but false in the exaggerated extent of it.

If I’m wrong - there will be over a million people in this country die of it in April.

Please don’t slag me off for having this opinion - unless and until I’m proven wrong however. :exclamation:

OH FLUCK another bundle of joy, with a political twist !!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Don’t know anybody affected…or know anybody that knows anybody that’s affected.
Total percentage of workforce down…0%

in the paper every day is a pic of a healthy looker whose died of it, but read on and the pic is a few yrs old and in more recent times they had serious health issues and were defo on the way out already . its a big con. im so glad iv worked thru it

pierrot 14:

Bigtruck3:

Bit morbid aren’t you ? You are actually asking people to post on here their experiences of this virus
and no offence Rich, but there’s enough doom and gloom on the TV without bringing it on here

A real bundle of joy :ro

ll: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Well.said. Not sure why your wana know who.its affected.
And.if it was to affect me my family.in anyway I sure as hell.wont be.posting it on here or Facebook etc
.its no.ones business

Spent most of the week coughing , had the ■■■■■ , but have been frozen not hot , but not really felt ill , afaik no-one in Grantham has been diagnosed with it so not sure as my Mrs
Believes how I’d of got it , unless it was from week before I packed up
Other than that no no-0ne with it
Nb daughter is nurse & there are wards with folks with covid dieing at her hospital ,
I’m guessing that’s big3 angle , is this really as bad as there making out , in mine & my Mrs isolated ( well mostly ) world no
Talk to daughter , it’s real & no joke , people are dieing of it

pierrot 14:

Bigtruck3:

A real bundle of joy :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

It’s a forum,the bloke asked a question so what’s your problem,miserable git.

I don’t personally know anybody affected by it, but as there are 25,120 confirmed cases and the UK population is around 68,000,000 then only 0.04% of the population have tested positive for it and only 0.0026% of the population have died from it(1,781 deaths) so statistically speaking I suppose it is more unlikely than likely that I would.

I am another one who cant see what all of the fuss is about. In the main old and weak people are dying with but not in all cases of Corona Virus. Our Grand children will be picking up the tab for the wrecked economies of the World. I will stand back now.

alamcculloch:
I am another one who cant see what all of the fuss is about. In the main old and weak people are dying with but not in all cases of Corona Virus. Our Grand children will be picking up the tab for the wrecked economies of the World. I will stand back now.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion,problem these days is the Greta ‘effect’,any thing other than perceived social media wisdom is shouted down,not all scientists agree with Neil Ferguson’s lockdown,or his past record of over estimation of deaths and desire for lock downs previously

Harry Monk:
I don’t personally know anybody affected by it, but as there are 25,120 confirmed cases and the UK population is around 68,000,000 then only 0.04% of the population have tested positive for it and only 0.0026% of the population have died from it(1,781 deaths) so statistically speaking I suppose it is more unlikely than likely that I would.

I’m another one who doesnt understand the reaction because of the numbers. I dare say at the end of it we’ll be told it wasnt as bad as they though because of the actions that were taken.

alamcculloch:

Our kids won’t have an economy to work in at this rate…

If EVERYONE is earning too low to pay the higher taxes one day - then the Rich are finally going to get what’s coming to them - Super Taxes enforced at the point of a sword. All nice and “Green”… :unamused:
There’s no emissions from swords dripping onto the floor, and returning all that “Iron” to the soil - should please the Green Lobby no end.

Nite Owl:

Harry Monk:

I’m another one who doesnt understand the reaction because of the numbers. I dare say at the end of it we’ll be told it wasnt as bad as they though because of the actions that were taken.

Average uk deaths (after a quick search) approximately 1370

an extra 300 a day is serious i think

“Awareness” is everything in this crisis of course…

Every year for the past 40 years - would have had it’s “First quarter deaths from respiratory natural causes” statistic, with it’s higher figure than any other three-month quarter of the year…
We would have all lost at least one relative either getting on a bit, and/or “with a respiratory condition” including smoking related ailments during that time.

You can do an awful lot of “propaganda” by pushing what amounts to “within standard deviation” data streams of numbers “up the headlines…”

I’m sure the Lawyers are looking at some kind of “Back Claiming Culture” that might be born of “Have YOU lost a relative to a respitory disease in the last 50 years? - It could have been Coronavirus - and it wans’t your fault!” kinda slogans…

The health…

Of my family, close relatives and friends is non of your ■■■■■■■ business.

Nite Owl:

Harry Monk:

Try this.
Do nothing: COVID 19 could take out 1%, that’s over 500,000.
Lock down about 20,000 deaths?
Still trying to get a handle on the numbers? 500,000 is more than the total number of combined military and civilian war deaths in the UK and Crown Colonies from the whole of the 1939-1945.
Do nowt, and all the WW2 deaths concentrated in about a year.

Franglais:

Nite Owl:

Harry Monk:

Try this.
Do nothing: COVID 19 could take out 1%, that’s over 500,000.
Lock down about 20,000 deaths?
Still trying to get a handle on the numbers? 500,000 is more than the total number of combined military and civilian war deaths in the UK and Crown Colonies from the whole of the 1939-1945.
Do nowt, and all the WW2 deaths concentrated in about a year.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, looking back to the start of the 2009 swine flu panic:

theguardian.com/uk/2009/jul … se-britain

"Up to 65,000 people in the UK could die from swine flu if the pandemic achieves it worst possible potential, the government warned today.

The chief medical officer, Professor Sir Liam Donaldson, said that in the worst case scenario 30% of the UK population could be infected by the H1N1 virus, with 65,000 killed."

Estimated 65,000 deaths at the start, real figure 138 deaths from over 500,000 cases.

nhs.uk/news/cancer/swine-fl … -examined/

“This was a well-conducted investigation into all deaths in England attributed to swine flu up to November 2009. It found that there were 138 deaths from an estimated 540,000 cases, or around 26 deaths per 100,000 people.”

Now, excuse the coldness of this next part, how many of these coronavirus deaths would have happened anyway? There are an extra 30,000 - 40,000 deaths every winter anyway.

fullfact.org/online/Excess-winter-deaths-UK/

"The number of excess deaths estimated in 2018/19 is less than half the number in 2017/18 (even if you just look at Great Britain). However, it is common to have large fluctuations in the estimated number of excess winter deaths between years. To account for this discrepancy, it is preferable to use the average of all estimates over the last five years. In Great Britain, the average number of excess winter deaths over the last five years was 39,142.

Excess winter deaths are calculated as the difference in the number of deaths over three months of winter compared to the three months before and after this period"

Maybe this is one of the times where we’ll only know the truth, after the event.