How clean is yours?

Surely it can’t just be me that find manky steering wheels disgusting.

Supposedly the toilet seats in sainsburys Basingstoke are cleaner than most steering wheels.

All that crap on the above wipe is off the steering wheel. Why on earth do drivers not bother giving the steering wheel a quick wipe every now and again? Do people drive while wearing gloves?

. . . . . . Slow news day :slight_smile:

With my TNUK CSI microscope i can see pubic hairs and dried blood.Also mucus deposits and phlegm has been detected.
I take sterile hand gel with me.Next time in the loos,note them not washing hands.
Nothing worse than sleeping in a bunk that makes you itch.
Does the driver have pets at home.Fleas in the cab?

I think because it’s black, you just don’t notice how dirty it is. Some of that black might be rubber or whatever it is out of the steering wheel itself, although I’m sure a lot of it is actual dirt.

Just did mine with a wet wipe-

Not too bad !

Some people like to live in squalor, think how many people have had a good dig around their ring piece, then touched the wheel again.

I always give my cab a once over before and after each shift.

People do wear gloves - had a row with another ‘colleague’ over just that. Manky bar stewards!

NewLad:
Some people like to live in squalor, think how many people have had a good dig around their ring piece, then touched the wheel again.

Sick but probably true.

martinviking:

Not too bad !

Not bad at all.

fredthered:
People do wear gloves - had a row with another ‘colleague’ over just that. Manky bar stewards!

WHY… All the crap from the trailers and air leads… then on the wheel, dinner time in a lay by. …yummy

One of the reasons I will not take breaks in laybys

trubster:

martinviking:

Not too bad !

Not bad at all.

fredthered:

WHY… All the crap from the trailers and air leads… then on the wheel, dinner time in a lay by. …yummy

What?

fredthered:

trubster:

martinviking:

Not too bad !

Not bad at all.

fredthered:

What?

There is not many sinks in laybys.
A lot of people have sandwiches in the cab after holding a steering wheel as filthy as the one I had earlier.

I don’t think baby wipes / alcohol gel would have the same effect as hot soapy water.

Sorry about quotes and formatting… bloody mobile phone posting.

Makes me shudder just how badly your hands smell if you drive the lorry after a smoker has used it,
clean the steering wheel and regular controls and then the windows and marvel/recoil at the stinking gunge.

Actually whilst on that subject, why do some smokers still risk it, my company has the best overall terms and conditions within 50 miles yet some still gamble all for a ■■■ in the cab, bizarre.

Best wet wipes i’ve come across are the huge packs that Lidl/Aldi sell, orange flavour is good for shifting the stench of a previous smoker.

We used to have fitters who would go and road test buses wearing latex gloves with grease still on them.

I think some people may wear nice fashion driving gloves to drive to keep their hands clean but not the greasy rigger gloves they use to change their suzies presumably…

I’m a bus driver, this is the sort of thing i’m faced with everyday;
Thats just one steering wheel in one bus=4 wipes!!

Silver_Surfer:
I think some people may wear nice fashion driving gloves to drive to keep their hands clean but not the greasy rigger gloves they use to change their suzies presumably…

I have seen many drivers shunting in yards and not bothering to take his gloves off.

That’s probably how wheels get so dirty. I can’t see all that coming off someone’s hand, then again there are a few messy zb that couple / uncouple with no gloves.

Went to the doctors recently and he asked me to provide a specimen of:

■■■■■
Urine
Blood
Faeces
Sweat

Or to save time he said just a pair of undercrackers will do.

In future I will just hand in a wetwipe from my steering wheel.

trubster:

Hi trubster,

I fixed that for you. :smiley:

It was caused by the sheer size of the pic, but it’s sorted now.

Ok lads, we can send the 6’ monitors back now. :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

dieseldave:

trubster:

Hi trubster,

Cheers DD

Bloody Tapatalk :smiley:

never had the image size problem before?

trubster:

dieseldave:

trubster:

Hi trubster,

Cheers DD

Bloody Tapatalk :smiley:

never had the image size problem before?

Hi trubster,

I saw that with my iPhone this morning, but I was already setting off to work.
I’m back on my lappy now, so I was able to sort it.

I haven’t bothered with Tapatalk, cos I can’t see it being of any benefit… but to be fair I’ve never used it.