How clean is your cab?

Not a C4 documentary, it’s just mine isn’t bad for a tipper around the dashboard, but there’s dust behind the sunvisors, the pedals need at least a wire brush to get the dirt out of the treads, floor behind the seat I can use the dust to write notes, and the gearstick gator collects sand and breadcrumbs quite well. To add to that I’ve ripped the leather covering off the steering wheel as it was splitting and looking scruffy…Apart from that it’s immaculate…inside. :laughing:

Mine was ok, everyday I swept it out, and once per week, I’d go around it with baby wipes (brilliant things), even the floors.

Could guarentee as soon as it was clean (inside or outside or both), my 1st job would be the Lime Quarry though :imp:

mine is prety tidy considering i live in it for several weeks. it is also invaded by customs people on regular occasions and they might look clean, but it’s a cover up.
i take the wife from time to time, and i make her do the cleaning. the ■■■ is relatively cheap too.

Mine was immaculate,I say ‘was’ because I’ve been off sick since last July.

One of our driver’s came round on Saturday to say hello,he told me they’ve now put my truck on national work for the time being with a Belgian driver.
Before that,every Tom,■■■■ and Pavel had been driving it!
Apparently one of our Slovakian cousins had it out for a day and came back with the passenger mirror hanging off!! :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused:

I’m dreading seeing what state it’ll be in when I do go back to work,I’ve had it from new and cared for it like a baby.

I don’t have a cab.

I hope this helps.

Mine is reasonably clean its always clean enough that anyone can use it but its never going to win concors at a show !

mine is very clean even tho i spend all my time delivering to building sites and farms ,i just cant drive about in a mobile tip

Very clean, wish I could say the same about the sod that uses my unit when I’m on my other rotation. Some people like to live in a hovel.

Spotless, there’s often bugger all to do in the first 3 hours of my shift. :open_mouth:

Edited to add that it would also be spotless outside but there’s been no soap in the washpoint for weeks now, so it only gets a jet-rinse. :laughing:

Its reasonably clean for the work its on, not covered in food mess and litter etc but won’t spend an afternoon with f ing baby wipes going over it, just brush it down. Although I could do with hoovering the shattered bits of glass out down the front of the windscreen, only smashed the drivers window twice lol.

when i had my own motor my gaffer always commented on how clean it was but since i went on to permanent locals ive been driving everyone else’s ■■■■■■■■■■ how some drivers work, eat and sleep in these hovels always amazes me.

Try to keep mine reasonably clean; farm deliveries ain’t the best for it though!

Agree with jimmi, can’t work in a dirty cab.

My cab is mint inside. The chap that had it before me did all the work, taking it home one weekend to completely gut it!

All I have to do is keep it clean…which is quite easy really. A quick flick of the duster once a day and rubbish cleared out regularly.

Now, the outside? ■■■■ me! It’s an embarrassment! Itching to clean it but not enough hours in the day unfortunately! :frowning:

Always like to keep my cab clean, there’s a couple of deep scratches to the dash that spoils the overall look :unamused: , & sometimes it getts a bit muddy in the drivers footwell if the weather conditions are lousey, so I try to keep it washed when ever possable,…only the floor is veeeerrrrrry slippy when wet, & sometimes cause you to suddenly skid across the cab :open_mouth: , or out the door :open_mouth: :open_mouth: if your not carefull :blush: even with rubber grippy mats on it, need to remedy that asap :confused: :neutral_face: :smiley:

What doesn’t help with my cab is that the Alpha/CF cab is that there’s nowhere to put dirty gloves without making a mess; That and the stupid lip on the floor that makes sweeping the floor difficult.

Yeah I agree muchaway that lip on CF’s is really annoying when it comes to cleaning it out!

Muckaway:
What doesn’t help with my cab is that the Alpha/CF cab is that there’s nowhere to put dirty gloves without making a mess; That and the stupid lip on the floor that makes sweeping the floor difficult.

I used to hate the grain in the plastic trim on a CF. could never get it properly clean without a scrubbing brush!