How can i tell how tall the unit is?

Feel silly asking, but most of the units I’ve had have a sticker telling the overall height of the unit, but I don’t see one in the scania r560 v8 I’ve got just now. Is there a standardized size that they are or a way of working it out apart from using a big stick!?

All depends on what cab and what height the aero kit is set at and the tyre size etc etc.
I think you already know the answer is that the only true way of knowing is to measure it yourself.
You just wanted to brag you drive a V8 scanny really :wink:

Thought that might be the case… I’m a fanny but not always in a scanny! :laughing:

Sorry for stating the obvious, but, you can buy one of these for around £2 from any DIY Store.

A lot cheaper than hitting a bridge [emoji57]

How will a helmet help?

happysack:
How will a helmet help?

When someone takes the urine because you hit a bridge you can headbutt them?

I’m unsure to be honest.

Forgive me I I’m wrong aren’t units and all trucks supposed to have height indicator by law ?

Use the force :wink:

Or if your medichloriants level is too low, I believe mere scoundrels use the device The Viking pictured…

I think what Martin is saying is " Buy a tape measure you helmet ".

Just mucking about.

Seriously though. If you need to ask how to find out high something is you shouldn’t be considered safe to drive a mobility scooter. Never mind a wagon.

H/s makes a fair point.

blue estate:
Forgive me I I’m wrong aren’t units and all trucks supposed to have height indicator by law ?

Yes but if he doesn’t know how big his unit is to start with them how can he set it up in the first place.

m1cks:

Yes but if he doesn’t know how big his unit is to start with them how can he set it up in the first place.
[/quote]
That’s the issue. It’s not one I’ve come across before, because the trailer has always been taller than the unit. I am perfectly capable of working out my trailer height.

So not simply a case of driving on without a care in the world like it seems some were suggesting. I planned my route to complete overkill and avoid any bridges lower than 16’.

I just thought there may have been something that I hadn’t thought of in terms of where a Max height may be somewhere on a plate from the factory based on standard spec.

Appreciate your constructive input happysack :unamused:

blue estate:

I’d wouldn’t be too reliant on the vehicle height indicator unless I’d set it myself or knew and trusted the person who had set it.

For ■■■■ sake. But a tape measure. Stand on cat walk. Measure from catwalk to top of air kit. Then measure from ground to catwalk. Add two measurements together.

Or buy a viking helmet and a mobility ■■■■■■■ scooter.

Just be careful with (or avoid) anything less than 4m roughly, it’s not difficult is it?

Why do you all need H&S style height indicators in the cab?

:unamused:

Karl:

I don’t know about anyone needing them but the law requires them to be fitted in vehicles over 3 meters.

Karl:
Just be careful with (or avoid) anything less than 4m roughly, it’s not difficult is it?

So one does not look a prick when he hits a low bridge :unamused:

Every driver should have a tape measure in the cab… Standard

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk