How big is your bag?

No really, how big is your bag?

Just getting some stuff together for when I start my new job, was looking at a 41 litre holdall in tesco for £15, seemed ok but felt a bit flimsy. I then went to Argos, picked a decent one out with similar capacity but it was much smaller (work that out), had the manager with a tape measure scratching his head. Got a refund straight away.

It must be big enough to fit a large map in but I dont want to look like I’m leaving home, I’m only doing night work :laughing:

Mines as big as santa’s :grimacing:

Tarrman:

Just getting some stuff together for when I start my new job, was looking at a 41 litre holdall in tesco for £15, seemed ok but felt a bit flimsy. I then went to Argos, picked a decent one out with similar capacity but it was much smaller (work that out), had the manager with a tape measure scratching his head. Got a refund straight away.

It must be big enough to fit a large map in but I dont want to look like I’m leaving home, I’m only doing night work :laughing:

I use a 75 litre and I mainly do days but I am freelance. I used to use a smaller but then always found I didnt have something I needed and it peed me off. In the end I got the 75 and always carry basics so I can survive for a day or two. Bit overkill but has been useful lots of times.

Thanks! I did see a 60odd litre one but thought it a bit overkill, suppose its useful to have the extra space for emergency stuff.

Well, you did ask.
70 litres does the job.

Just gives me a good idea of what to look for :wink:

Tarrman:
Just gives me a good idea of what to look for :wink:

I started with a holdall but soon ditched it for a rucksack as carrying is a lot easier

I use I off these and have done for sone time loads of room, with liads of pockets
police-supplies.co.uk/bags/p … at_89.html

midlifetrucker:

Tarrman:

I use a 75 litre and I mainly do days but I am freelance. I used to use a smaller but then always found I didnt have something I needed and it peed me off. In the end I got the 75 and always carry basics so I can survive for a day or two. Bit overkill but has been useful lots of times.

I agree…you never know what might happen .

niton999.co.uk/shop/product_ … 1-BAG.html
I’ve got one of these. A bit pricey but compartments for everything so you don’t have to keep rooting round to find different things.

Iam not a fisherman in any means, but I found myself in a discount fishing gear store. My eye was caught with the fishing gear holdalls plenty of room, pockets and even. Cool/chilled area to keep bait fresh. Or in our case butties.

cheshirefishing.co.uk/shop/q … larbag.htm

Just to give you an idea of what’s available if yo go down the fishing tackle route.

I just use a small rucksack for day work as im full time on a motorbike, carrying lots of gear “just in case” sadly isnt an option :frowning: but on a plus side, my medical needs means that nights out off spec are NOT an option, i need to be told in advance and my agencies know this!

that said, for a full night(s) out i use a hiking rucksack as well as my day one, I also have FULL luggage for my bike so i can take as much as is needed! both rucksacks and my tankbag are normally MORE than enough! :laughing: :laughing:

HTH

B…

Same size but a lot lower than it used to be… :laughing:

Tarrman:

I can tell you from experience that large bags are a royal PITA if you have to hump them in and out of a wagon every day. When my rather large hold all fell apart I replaced it with a much smaller rucksack and it can still carry all the essentials without a problem. I’ve had one of these for nearly 2 years now and it still hasn’t fallen apart which is pretty impressive considering the price.

You could probably get an AA bridge map/atlas in it at a push but why would you want to hump one about with you anyway? Are you still stuck in the 90s? Pretty much any modernish smart phone with internet and/or satnav will get you from A to B without disaster. There’s simply no need for paper maps anymore.

Iv got a case in the cab but the holdall is when I go on the boat but I have one of theys

m.louisvuitton.co.uk/mobile/eng_ … RAM-M41418

Legend_Scania:
Iv got a case in the cab but the holdall is when I go on the boat but I have one of theys

m.louisvuitton.co.uk/mobile/eng_ … RAM-M41418

Please tell me you adorn a Panama and accessorise with a walking cane, as you stroll down the quayside towards the boat? :smiley:

For the job your going on don’t go overboard.

You need sarnies, flask, 2 pens, gloves and satnav.

Thats all.

Thanks for the replies so far :smiley:

Regarding maps, it’s my truckers map with bridge heights etc. Got a sat nav etc. might settle for a big rucksack.

transair.co.uk/sp+Flight-Bag … t-Bag+8297

I use this. I got one free when I bought a pair of headsets for my PPL.

Perfect size to put everything in you need for work, my truckers atlas fits in it too.

I am on a motorbike so I use a karrimor rucksack from sports direct about £15 for day use, it can hold a fair amount. Then I have a small holdall for nights out that has change of cothes x2 wash gear and towel and a memory foam pillow (amazing) and I put the sleeping bag in between the straps if the holdall and bungee cord it to the back seat works a treat.