How bad must this company be?

Went to sign on today… :cry:

Anyway, doing the old jobseekers agreement thing and he checks the jobs. Only two advertised within 40 miles of me. One is with the agency I’m with and I can’t do it cos my back is shot. Another is a local small independent dairy that pops up with a local multidrop job 24-38hrs. Well as I can’t get dole, it’s better than nowt but when I saw the name of the company, i said there was no way in hell I was applying for it. I’ve delivered milk tankers there and come into direct contact with the family that run it. I said this to the advisor and he said “Yeah, we’ve had dealings with XXXX, drivers don’t seem to stay there long and I can’t say I blame you.”

How bad must that place be? Top marks to the JC Advisor for not pushing it.

That’s the problem with this country people just don’t want to work!!! even the JC guy couldn’t be bothered to do his job properly

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Conor pm me the name of the company,it might help me as i am thinking about applying to drive class 2 milk tankers

conor now then thought you was on nights at k and j did that not work out ?
saw that job advertised in the hull daily mail small independant dairy etc etc
good luck with the job hunting by the way the guy at could have sent you at least he saw sense not too

They’re only as bad as you let them treat you.

limeyphil:

Hear hear!!

dieseldave:

limeyphil:

Hear hear!!

Which would be why many drivers have told the boss there to “shove his [zb] [zb] piece of [zb] job up his [zb] [zb]”?

Conor:

Ah that old Chestnut :wink:

Conor:
Went to sign on today… :cry:

Anyway, doing the old jobseekers agreement thing and he checks the jobs. Only two advertised within 40 miles of me. One is with the agency I’m with and I can’t do it cos my back is shot. Another is a local small independent dairy that pops up with a local multidrop job 24-38hrs. Well as I can’t get dole, it’s better than nowt but when I saw the name of the company, i said there was no way in hell I was applying for it. I’ve delivered milk tankers there and come into direct contact with the family that run it. I said this to the advisor and he said “Yeah, we’ve had dealings with XXXX, drivers don’t seem to stay there long and I can’t say I blame you.”

Why can’t you get the Dole?

allikat:

dieseldave:

limeyphil:

Hear hear!!

Which would be why many drivers have told the boss there to “shove his [zb] [zb] piece of [zb] job up his [zb] [zb]”?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: pmsl

HAIRYGORILLA:
conor now then thought you was on nights at k and j did that not work out ?
saw that job advertised in the hull daily mail small independant dairy etc etc
good luck with the job hunting by the way the guy at could have sent you at least he saw sense not too

No…never worked at K&J. Was running out of Howdens Kitchens on agency. Went past on Wed night and nearly all their motors were parked up so there’s no way I’m going to be back there in a hurry as there were less spaces than they have employed drivers. DHL is in there more and more.

Wayne:
Why can’t you get the Dole?

Because in the 2 years they use for Contributions based JSA, I was self employed so even though I was paying £1k NI, it was the wrong kind of NI. I was paying Class 2 and 4 and they only use Class 1. Can’t claim income based cos the missus has a little part time job which brings in £10 over the level for getting anything.

It’s even worse. Cos they shut the local office, I’ve got to do a 30 mile round trip to Beverley AT MY OWN EXPENSE to sign on every fortnight. I’ve got to fill in 3 forms every fortnight as well, keep a record of what I’ve done to look for work and if I do more than 1 days work for the agency in a week, sign off then back on again all to get NOTHING.

So on Tuesday, I’m going to sign off. Don’t get owt but have to go through all the rigmarole so not worth it.

surely the “crappy job” gotta be worth doin till summit decent turns up■■? i’ve never been unfortunate enough to see a job centre/dole office place,but rest assured i’d do paper rounds on me bike if it meant keeping me humble abode,and me kids fed/clothed…i’d even go fruit/veg picking cos our eastern european friends are all goin back home…good luck to you mate.

andy bilton:
surely the “crappy job” gotta be worth doin till summit decent turns up■■?

It really isn’t. Even less so when I can earn in one night what I’d get in a week there with far far less grief.

I’d rather do waste food slop skips than drive for that lot. It’s bad enough having to deliver there without voluntarily going.

I do sympathise but personally I would take whats offered,

having seen a family member go under by doing similar to what you say,
he started doing work for himself as he saw he could make more in 1 days work then he could working 40 hours+ per week, ok for so long but then work got scarce 1 day a week turned into 1 day per month, jobs were offered but turned down, thinking get a days work next week which will cover me, next weeks days work got cancelled, then the next then a couple of customers went bump still oweing money so in the end bankruptcy! no house, divorce ect,

just my thoughts on what I would do, different situations ect force us to make different decisions,

so good luck to you, i,m only in driff side of york so if any jobs are going i will let you know

Conor:

andy bilton:
surely the “crappy job” gotta be worth doin till summit decent turns up■■?

It really isn’t. Even less so when I can earn in one night what I’d get in a week there with far far less grief.

I’d rather do waste food slop skips than drive for that lot. It’s bad enough having to deliver there without voluntarily going.

I’m soory for youe situation Conor. But I’ve allways been under the impression that it seems easier to get a job if you’ve all ready got one, no matter how bad, especialy as you can say at an interview that you’re doing this job instead of being on the dole.

I hope summit turns up for you soon, Good luck :wink:

Hi Eddie, totally agree!
the best job I had, which I had for 10 years, until a complete management change, anyway after I got this job I was told one of the reasons I got it was because I said in the interview that I hated the job that I was currently doing but I would prefer to be in work then no work,

dle1uk:
anyway after I got this job I was told one of the reasons I got it was because I said in the interview that I hated the job that I was currently doing ,

Yeah i had a job where the boss was a complete ****. I stuck it for over a year, other blokes who’d worked for him before reckoned i was on the way to a gold watch, most only stuck him for a few months. We were doing unacompanied trailers, and a lad I used to run with a lot gave me the nod when there was a job at his place, and coz it was the same work I was straight in on a nod and wink.

But if I a hadnt stuck it, I wouldnt have got the low down for the other job.