How about a forum for new members

I was just looking at the members list, not sure why I was but I was :confused:

There seems to be an awful lot of people registering with TruckNet every day, so would it be a good idea to have a forum where they can pop in and introduce themselves if they so wish.
At the moment there seem to be people introducing themselves in different forums, I’m not suggesting that should be stopped but perhaps it would be better if there was a forum specially for that purpose, it may even encourage some people to make their first post if they felt that was what the forum was for.

Im pretty sure there used to be one.

Would it be possible (me not a techy buff) to have a 'Say Hi for the first time here’ sticky on every forum BUT have it as the same link so all the ‘Say Hi’ posts are in one thread :question:

jammymutt:
Im pretty sure there used to be one.

I don’t ever remember one but I suppose it depends how long you are going back. :confused:

ROG:
Would it be possible (me not a techy buff) to have a 'Say Hi for the first time here’ sticky on every forum BUT have it as the same link so all the ‘Say Hi’ posts are in one thread :question:

It would grow into a very large thread very quickly and possibly become difficult to read imo :wink:

tachograph:

ROG:

It would grow into a very large thread very quickly and possibly become difficult to read imo :wink:

It would depend on what the aim is.

If the aim is just to get a new member to post for the first time and allow others to say a quick ‘Hello’ etc then it would not matter if it became a 100 page post.

If, on the other hand, it is for a large discussion to be instigated then that is a different matter.

Would that mean all your welcomes would be restricted to one forum Rog? :smiley: :smiley:

Maybe we could have a ‘congratulations to me section, i’ve passed my test’, with a truck or two running permanently on the header! :smiley: :smiley:

BTW Rog isn’t it time you got the wheels to go round as well! :smiley: :smiley:

On the ford galaxy forum something similar was introduced, which restricted newbies to that forum for 10 posts (I’m not suggesting we do the same, as it was setup to quash a particular problem) , there have been no issues with it, and it gives a place for newbies to introduce themselves, Rogs’ ‘hello’ could be a sticky :laughing: