Hovis job in Nottingham

I have an induction/ assessment at Hovis, Watnall Nottingham via Agency for a job on class 1 doing RDC delivery and large supermarkets. The money is decent and I don’t mind moving cages. Anyone worked there? And what are they like to work for? Thanks

Picked loads up for Tesco , that’s the place I found out if you don’t put a merc in neutral & the air drops it locks the gearbox
Can’t remember any other issues there , straightforward collection

I did class 2 there a few years ago, was ok. Start 2am, you have to load the lorry but it’s not cages it’s baskets of bread stacked. Hardest part was getting the wheels under the 11 high stacks without tipping them.
Also you have to find them spread out around the dock. Class 1 maybe different.
If regularly you may get a regular run which the drivers seem to change it round to miss breaks at back doors etc.
Get a machine for them to scan and sign and it routes you too.
Managers just said don’t kill yourself, don’t rush and no accidents !
Finish as soon as your done. Not everyone will like it but you pick it up.

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

Worked there on agency years ago…albeit class 2.
Started at 0300,and would be back in Leicester Forest for breakfast at 0900,having completed my route around oadby/Wigston area.
This would be the work I would go for now…if the shift patterns weren’t so ■■■■ poor.

No wonder there’s a driver shortage if people think it’s ok to start work at 2 or 3am :open_mouth:

Guys think of your health

I’d start at any time…for a mon-friday job,that paid me enough to live comfortably on,for 40 hours.

drover:
No wonder there’s a driver shortage if people think it’s ok to start work at 2 or 3am :open_mouth:

Guys think of your health

Nice to finish early, but you have to go to bed early too! Unfortunately shoppers want thier bread when the shop opens!

Agreed !! going to bed at 7pm in the middle of summer is no fun :cry:

Baggie:

Definitely not and some of the supermarkets want earlier starts now too!

spacemanZ10:

Baggie:

Definitely not and some of the supermarkets want earlier starts now too!

Yep 1am for me, but I’m getting the wage I used to work 13+ hours for on general for in 9ish hours plus more time at home and no nights out so being an early bird anyway I’m happy with my lot.

Mate of mine’s been there for number of years. Steady number, you help out with tipping/loading as required, regular destinations.

The kit’s quite tidy these days.

Re: Watnall yard - unless it’s changed lately, it’s pretty tight (!)

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

I used to work for the company when it was Mothers Pride in the 80’s at Newcastle, and when I moved to Yorkshire, I did work at the Bradford bakery on the agency on a mix of Class 1 inter depot trunking, and Class 2 shop deliveries.

As has been said, you used to load yourself, and what you did, was to load your run in the planning order, so that you weren’t hunting around on the truck when you got to the delivery point. Getting the order onto the wheels was an art, but once done, you locked them onto the truck racks, and away you go. You collect the empties once you have tipped, and they should be in broken down stacks. If not, I used to leave them, as I didn’t have the time to break them down. Shops knew they had to do it anyhow.

Can’t remember if you emptied the truck when you got back, but it isn’t a hardship to do so. Ask what the procedure is regarding that.

If you use your loaf, it can be a good job, and you can make some serious bread out of it on the agency. It can be ongoing work if your good at it, if not, your toast.

Ken.

Quinny:
I used to work for the company when it was Mothers Pride in the 80’s at Newcastle, and when I moved to Yorkshire, I did work at the Bradford bakery on the agency on a mix of Class 1 inter depot trunking, and Class 2 shop deliveries.

As has been said, you used to load yourself, and what you did, was to load your run in the planning order, so that you weren’t hunting around on the truck when you got to the delivery point. Getting the order onto the wheels was an art, but once done, you locked them onto the truck racks, and away you go. You collect the empties once you have tipped, and they should be in broken down stacks. If not, I used to leave them, as I didn’t have the time to break them down. Shops knew they had to do it anyhow.

Can’t remember if you emptied the truck when you got back, but it isn’t a hardship to do so. Ask what the procedure is regarding that.

If you use your loaf, it can be a good job, and you can make some serious bread out of it on the agency. It can be ongoing work if your good at it, if not, your toast.

Ken.

[emoji1787][emoji106][emoji506]