Hoveringham gravel

for any one who is still interested in this thread,the good news is the book will be ready for sale next week.heres a taster of what to expect.

10612574_775135842547472_8349766000726899261_n.jpg

15285083_1234247163303002_1222813320110571064_n.jpgits ready if anyone wants to purchace this book please e mail andy@hoveringhamgravels.co.uk.

nigelhunt:
0its ready if anyone wants to purchace this book please e mail andy@hoveringhamgravels.co.uk.

Got the book today ,well worth buying great detail.

hoveringham book released,the story of the mammoth.

I was in hospital as a very young kid and given a Matchbox Hoveringham eight wheel Foden, to cheer me up. I never realised it was a real company.

nigelhunt:

Shame,must have missed this thread as i could have sent you a fair bit of stuff on Hoveringham.

1959 advert.

DEANB:

nigelhunt:

Shame,must have missed this thread as i could have sent you a fair bit of stuff on Hoveringham.

1959 advert.

I always knew you were a Foden man Dean, nice to see you out of the closet :laughing:

coomsey:
“DEANB” “nigelhunt” hoveringham book released,the story of the mammoth.

1959 advert.

I always knew you were a Foden man Dean, nice to see you out of the closet :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: Very good “coomsey” :wink: I dont think you ever drove a Volvo from memory,but i have driven Foden’s and know which one i would rather be
driving mucker. :wink:

hoveringham volvo.PNG

Is it my imagination or did Hoveringham not buy the “Mammoth” name & logo from Mammoth transport Southampton owned and run by John Ward later to become Bulldog tnspt, Buzzer

Screenshot 2022-05-02 at 08.35.36 (2).png

They ran some as Mammoth Transport locally from Dene quarry at Cromford Buzzer as one of my neighbours drove powder tankers for them. I don’t think that the Hoveringham tippers ran under their banner though?

Pete.