Hours

Hi New shift tue to fri 0600 to 1915 13h 15m thats not legal is it ? Tacho’s go for analysis and come back with no infringements

mc:
Hi New shift tue to fri 0600 to 1915 13h 15m thats not legal is it ? Tacho’s go for analysis and come back with no infringements

If you work from 06:00 to 19:15 you can only have a daily rest period of 10 hours and 45 minutes, so four consecutive days at 13 hours 15 minutes are not legal unless you’re having a rest period of at least 3 hours during the shift on at least one of the days.

tachograph:

mc:

If you work from 06:00 to 19:15 you can only have a daily rest period of 10 hours and 45 minutes, so four consecutive days at 13 hours 15 minutes are not legal unless you’re having a rest period of at least 3 hours during the shift on at least one of the days.

That is an uninterrupted rest of 3 hours plus an uninterrupted break of 9 hours making 12 hours daily rest, I suppose it depends on how many 25h and a quarter days there are in your week. :slight_smile:

But, you are finishing work at 19.15 on Friday on your fourth shift, then have got 82 and three quarter hours weekly rest and only need 45, so in that case I think that it may be almost legal using this snippet from GV262;

Minimum of 11 hours, which can be reduced to a minimum of 9 hours no more than three times between weekly rests. May be taken in two periods, the first at least 3 hours long and the second at least 9 hours long. The rest must be completed within 24 hours of the end of the last daily or weekly rest period.

I am sure I can hear the sound of gunshots getting closer :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

tachograph:

mc:

That is an uninterrupted rest of 3 hours plus an uninterrupted break of 9 hours making 12 hours daily rest, I suppose it depends on how many 25h and a quarter days there are in your week. :slight_smile:

Sorry but you’ve lost me :confused:

I probably didn’t phrase that very well but the way I meant it is that if in the unlikely event that one of those 13.25 hour shifts include a rest period of 3 hours or more then the shift pattern is legal.

It probably is of course unlikely that one of the shifts will include a 3 hour rest period :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
you are finishing work at 19.15 on Friday on your fourth shift, then have got 82 and three quarter hours weekly rest and only need 45, so in that case I think that it may be almost legal using this snippet from GV262

How long the OPs weekly rest is does not excuse him from having the required daily rest within the 24 hour period from start of shift (end of last daily rest period).
He started work at 06:00 so must have completed a daily rest or a reduced daily rest period by 06:00 the following day.
He can not legally have a reduced daily rest period on four consecutive days, one of the days would need to include a split daily rest for it to be legal :wink:

Wheel Nut:
I am sure I can hear the sound of gunshots getting closer :laughing:

You may be right :wink: :laughing:

An easy answer to an easy question.

Without using split daily rest periods the regulations allow for a shift in excess of 13 hours three times between weekly rest periods.

Sorted.

Wheel Nut:
…I think that it may be almost legal…

Almost legal is the same as being a little bit pregnant. It’s binary so you either are or you aren’t, there’s no middle ground. :wink:

Oh well, you win some, I lose more. I feel like I have just been Rogered :laughing:

BANG!

Wheel Nut:
I feel like I have just been Rogered :laughing:

Yes indeed Malc, you had a lucky escape, but it could have been worse…

I noticed that you weren’t awarded the coveted Golden Trumpet award. :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue: